EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

I'm very surprised by the decision. Tuchel is a great coach, I would have given him the entire season at least 

the only hire that doesn't represent a downgrade from him would be Graham Potter at this point, and that's looking more and more likely. with how fast it's moving, I have to think this was planned all along 

Lol why sign the players that Tuchel wanted, though?

6 hours ago, persiandud said:

apparently most of the players he didn't want. they were "club" signings. the only signing both Tuchel and Boehly/Clearlake wanted was Aubameyang 

That doesn’t even justify it. Even if they are club signings (I mean nothing new there) it completely ignores the concept of team building. Remember in 2020 when we spent huge chunks on money on Havertz, Werner, Ziyech etc thinking that it would solve something without any regard on how they fit? History is repeating itself. Why was Tuchel doing double duty if you were always gonna fire him? 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

That doesn’t even justify it. Even if they are club signings (I mean nothing new there) it completely ignores the concept of team building. Remember in 2020 when we spent huge chunks on money on Havertz, Werner, Ziyech etc thinking that it would solve something without any regard on how they fit? History is repeating itself. Why was Tuchel doing double duty if you were always gonna fire him? 

yea i'm with you man, if you were always going to go for Graham Potter as your long term hire why not fire Tuchel at the start of the summer? 

8 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

Unlike Roman Abramovich who was notoriously restrained with coaching changes......(something like 15 over 18 yrs?)

I lost track, but I know it's been several years since I remember singing "8 years, 10 managers" at a group of Chelsea supporters.  And that was during the... 2nd reign of Jose, I think?

Terrible loss. Up 1-0 at the half. Down 3-1 10mins after the half.

Against most teams Id say, "Need a little more time to gel." But losing to Fulham with how theyre run, and to such a neglectful owner. Whod rather spend his time entertaining Americas trailerparks than run a sport franchise on Earths largest stage. It gets down right humiliating.