Preseason week 1: Lions @ Raiders

RaidersAreOne

Warren going to take Washington’s or Richards job. 

Really like what I saw from PJ Hall. Saw nice pressure from the inside. 

Love what I saw from the offense scheme wise. Hope we see more bootlegs passes. Gonna line up and play big boy football. 

From the little bit I saw today, Hall and Ware really stood out to me. Hall looks like he has veteran awareness in getting his hands in the passing game and flashed top level punch and power. Ware looks really balanced and athletic playing left tackle.

This game was a huge win for Gruden.

The game has not passed him by, He assembled a good  coaching staff and installed a complexed offense. All those rolled out passes will neutralize the pass-rush in the  AFC West and help out the both OTs.

In my opinion the hiring of Gunther was probably Gruden’s best move this off-season.

We finally have an attacking defense.

7 hours ago, daineraider said:

I’m worried about our LBs, Wilber missed several easy to close lanes and no one else has really stood out.  

SSDD with this group. Why this team won't address the LB position is anyones guess. This group is going to be awful week to week. Week 1, they are going to get eaten alive by Todd Gurley and the Rams. 

There isn't a single LB in the group that has any business starting. The depth is just atrocious. Wilbur? Cabinda? Help us! Really disappointed that Victor seems like a nobody. Thought maybe he would show something as he looked good once upon a time at UW. 

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Gruden and Co are going to have a very tough time deciding which 2 backs to cut. 

Washington and Warren. Pretty cut and dry how I see it. Washington is a lesser version of Richard and Warren is just a guy with no real explosive qualities. He will get stashed on the PS most likely unless they keep 5 counting Smith at FB.

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Connor Cook looked like a different guy. Also hoping our two backup qb's show out in preseason. Maybe we'll get some calls (fanboy again I apologize)...

Want to see more from Hurst, but I need to rewatch the game.

Hurst had some good penetration at times. But he was stood up a number of times and dominated by a double on one play where he ended up turning his back on the play.

That's the knock on Hurst is how he will hold up against the run. He's quick and can penetrate, but in run defense he can get locked up.

49 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

This game was a huge win for Gruden.

The game has not passed him by, He assembled a good  coaching staff and installed a complexed offense. All those rolled out passes will neutralize the pass-rush in the  AFC West and help out the both OTs.

In my opinion the hiring of Gunther was probably Gruden’s best move this off-season.

We finally have an attacking defense.

This can't be overstated. Even running vanilla, the team looked was running cohesive both sides of the ball with a clear plan of attack. It was nice to see the O running with some intention and concepts after that mess last season. 

This group looks accountable and the players look bought in. Complete night and day difference compared to a year ago.

Archived