Do you sell the Hundley stock while it is high?

Brit Pack

Yup it is one preseason game but Hundley looked good. Real good. Best I've seen him play in any preseason game and definitely a marked improvement over the regular season games from last year. The question is if he carries on like this through the preseason should Green Bay keep hold of him and lose him for nothing next year? Do they try to extend him? Or do they try to trade him?

It seemed like his trade value had totally evaporated and he was destined to be cut with Kizer on the scene. Now his stock looks like it is rising again. Boyle didn't look bad either and could be a QB we stash on the PS. Interesting to see what we do with him.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How is Hundleys stock high?

I agree, his pocket presence in this game was terrible and even worse in the scrimmage.  He also is the master of the check down. He had a long or 57 yards and completed eight other passes for only 51 yards. Both of our other quarterbacks work the ball down field more often. 

1 minute ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Recently saw some reports that prior to last season, one scout had Hundley’s trade value at arout a 4th round pick. He said it is now nothing. 

As of 24 hours ago I would have agreed. I think the value starting to creep up. Maybe a conditional 7th rounder as of now. If he keeps on playing well. I'm mean made some money throws yesterday. It could get back up to a 4th. But do we try to trade him or keep him?

IF he boosts his stock enough for a late pick/player swap - then maybe a return to LA could be an option for the former UCLA QB

The Athletic's Vincent Bonsignore reports Rams backup QB Sean Mannion "has struggled" all offseason and into training camp.

And it continued into the preseason opener Thursday against Baltimore where Mannion got the start, played the entire first half, and was dreadful while completing 3-of-13 passes for 16 yards and one interception. The Rams rested all of their offensive starters, giving Mannion's group plenty of run, but Mannion flopped miserably. The No. 2 QB spot in L.A. is a big cause for concern.

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

IF he boosts his stock enough for a late pick/player swap - then maybe a return to LA could be an option for the former UCLA QB

The Athletic's Vincent Bonsignore reports Rams backup QB Sean Mannion "has struggled" all offseason and into training camp.

And it continued into the preseason opener Thursday against Baltimore where Mannion got the start, played the entire first half, and was dreadful while completing 3-of-13 passes for 16 yards and one interception. The Rams rested all of their offensive starters, giving Mannion's group plenty of run, but Mannion flopped miserably. The No. 2 QB spot in L.A. is a big cause for concern.

Hundley for Aaron Donald....GB could throw in a 2020 7th rounder to sweeten the deal.

Wait....that would be giving up both picks and having to pay Aaron Donald a big contract.  Better to not do that deal then

Yeah, you trade Hundley.  The difference between Hundley and Kizer if they're needed to start more than a game is minimal.  Neither one of them is winning a playoff game, neither one of them is winning 50% of the games they start.  Little difference in the two as far as what they provide.

Keeping two backup quarterbacks keeps somebody else off the team. 

1 minute ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Hundley has put down plenty of good PS tape before, but faied to deliver in the regular season. I don’t see more PS tape really changing any team’s opinion of him

I thought his preseason play last season was poor, Taysom Hill looked the business then. I believe he was injured the season before that during the preseason and played well in his rookie year, that's when talk of his stock being high was being stated.

Archived