Do you sell the Hundley stock while it is high?

Brit Pack

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

IF he boosts his stock enough for a late pick/player swap - then maybe a return to LA could be an option for the former UCLA QB

The Athletic's Vincent Bonsignore reports Rams backup QB Sean Mannion "has struggled" all offseason and into training camp.

And it continued into the preseason opener Thursday against Baltimore where Mannion got the start, played the entire first half, and was dreadful while completing 3-of-13 passes for 16 yards and one interception. The Rams rested all of their offensive starters, giving Mannion's group plenty of run, but Mannion flopped miserably. The No. 2 QB spot in L.A. is a big cause for concern.

Exactly right. Unless Kizer bombs out here (which I dont expect.....) nows the time to hope Hundley recoups some of his "pre-2017" reputation and a need appears somewhere else - but in a draft that was heavy on QB talent getting drafted it could be a tough peg to get into the hole.
 -
Taking up the Mannion example.....both players are entering their 4th year and both are UFA next year.
The LAR have been carrying four QBs in their system for a few years already - so if Mannion falters, perhaps the #3 or 4 guy could step up. Dont know. Dont know any of them. 

12 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

I wouldn't say it's high, but I would say that before last nights game you couldn't have gotten anything for him. Now a 4th rounder or so is definitely a possibility.

You're still drunk the morning?

There are probably a dozen teams i’m Reaching out to about the availability of a QB BEFORE I even think about callin GB. I actually don’t see ANY scenario I would call GB inquiring any of the backups. I know I’m not winning with any of them this year so I would just roll with what I have. If it’s week 9 and a team is 7-1 and losses it’s starter... still not calling GB, I’m calling Arizona, Jets, Atlanta, Philadelphia to name a few. Even probably would call Baltimore and the Giants about their aging starters, but I am not calling for Hundley or Kizer.

17 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

I wouldn't say it's high, but I would say that before last nights game you couldn't have gotten anything for him. Now a 4th rounder or so is definitely a possibility.

It will be multiple first rounders by the end of preseason. Mark my words

Just now, TheGreatZepp said:

There are probably a dozen teams i’m Reaching out to about the availability of a QB BEFORE I even think about callin GB. I actually don’t see ANY scenario I would call GB inquiring any of the backups. I know I’m not winning with any of them this year so I would just roll with what I have. If it’s week 9 and a team is 7-1 and losses it’s starter... still not calling GB, I’m calling Arizona, Jets, Atlanta, Philadelphia to name a few. Even probably would call Baltimore and the Giants about their aging starters, but I am not calling for Hundley or Kizer.

You're undervaluing the backup QB position in the NFL. 

Vikings traded a fifth round pick for Trevor Siemian as a backup. 
Raiders traded a seventh round pick for 0 play Hackenberg.
Redskins swapped 7th round picks and gave a player for Hogan from the Browns.
The Jaguars traded a 7th for Kessler.
The Packers sent Randall to swap 4th/5th and receive Kizer.

This isn't about trading Hundley to be a starter. 

7 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Ok your going to have to part ways with atleast a first rounder to pry Foles away from Philly. I guess it depends on if you are looking for a starter or backup. I'd assume if you go after Foles you are looking for a starter. If you go after Hundley you are looking for a 2nd or 3rd stringer. I'll give you Matt Schaub but they have two qb's, whereas we have 3 or 4 and we typically only keep 2. As for Baltimore I won't give you Griffin/RG3. He hasn't tested his knee yet. Flaco makes too much and Jackson is a first rounder, who is a running style qb, whom is gonna get hurt in this league sooner than later. The Jets, no way no how, their top two guys make too much money for what they bring to the table. I'd take Hundley over both of them anyways. Josh McCown and Bridgewater bring absolutely no upside. Same can be said of the Cardinals. Bradford and Mike Glennon both make too much money to make that team, so one will get cut. Just like in New York. But I think both of those guys are gonna want to get paid, whereas Hundley has a year left on a prove it type year. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's a good thing if your developmental QBs are playing well.

It is, but imagine we dump Hundley and the light switches on for him and we end up getting stuck with Kizer who never clicks on. And then Rodgers goes down with another injury!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You'll get a 5th/6th round comp for him next year when someone signs him to be their backup. Don't necessarily have to move him now.

Yeah but we'll lose a GOAT wr if we keep three

1 hour ago, cooters22 said:

1 hour ago, Norm said:

You're still drunk the morning?

I'm a bit lost for words... drunk or joking making explain it, or really thinks nothing of draft picks?

Cooters, are you serious? ... they'd be lucky to get a conditional 7th pick.

The 1st meaningless preseason game changes nothing as far as stock... the media wrote some fluff pieces on him, NFL teams don't care about what writers write or fluff pieces, their own team has players with fluff pieces too. Hundley is still Hundley... the kid can throw the ball, UNTIL he gets hit... then he struggles.

Archived