Do you sell the Hundley stock while it is high?

Brit Pack

Strike when the iron is hot, right now the 1-2 q.v. depth Market is cold. With potentially other experienced former starters Getting cut in the coming weeks and the struggles of Huntley despite playin under a q.b. Coach in McCarthy and behind an all pro, still didn’t have it together. How can you really trade for him and hope to unlock some untapped potential?

You can name drop all you want but Hundley took a team that was a contender and drove them right out of the playoffs...

3 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Strike when the iron is hot, right now the 1-2 q.v. depth Market is cold. With potentially other experienced former starters Getting cut in the coming weeks and the struggles of Huntley despite playin under a q.b. Coach in McCarthy and behind an all pro, still didn’t have it together. How can you really trade for him and hope to unlock some untapped potential?

You can name drop all you want but Hundley took a team that was a contender and drove them right out of the playoffs...

Ahhh but that was the Hundley of yesteryear this is the new head removed from his butt Hundley. The only way is up baby!!!!

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Your point is true... but you're changing the claim and moving the goal post to a different spot. I can agree with your point, but not the original claim.

The claim was NOT that Hundley would qualify for a comp pick

The claim was that he would get a comp pick for the Packers. (See below)

I wouldn't say that's moving the goal post, I'd say that's arguing semantics.

Seahawks just brought in old man Josh Johnson, a QB who bounced around the League for 10 years

"He has not played in any game since he was with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2013, and hasn’t thrown an NFL pass since 2011"

The Running Hundley seems like a better fit in Seattle with their chronic OL problems and an offense designed around a mobile QB, not an old statue

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/8/10/17677282/report-seattle-seahawks-working-out-qb-josh-johnson

16 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Seahawks just brought in old man Josh Johnson, a QB who bounced around the League for 10 years

"He has not played in any game since he was with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2013, and hasn’t thrown an NFL pass since 2011"

The Running Hundley seems like a better fit in Seattle with their chronic OL problems and an offense designed around a mobile QB, not an old statue

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/8/10/17677282/report-seattle-seahawks-working-out-qb-josh-johnson

You got a point, Seahawks might be interested in the Packers best QB that they don't keep. Still, I don't they're willing to trade a pick for him.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:23 AM, Brit Pack said:

I bet it will be our luck that Hundley steps it up further and totally outperforms Kizer. Then we are stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Too many serviceable quarterbacks is a rock and a hard place to you? Lol, you’re in for a rude awakening when Rodgers is gone.

One interesting thing is that this thread is just talking about trading Hundley. If he is noticeably better than Kizer, then it's Hundley we should be keeping. 

Look at it this way. If one QB (of Boyle/Hundley/Kizer) is signoificantly better, he's the one that should be no.2. If no QB is significantly better, does it really matter that much, which one you keep.

51 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Too many serviceable quarterbacks is a rock and a hard place to you? Lol, you’re in for a rude awakening when Rodgers is gone.

lol seriously though, when the word Hundley is posted does it summon you?

49 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

One interesting thing is that this thread is just talking about trading Hundley. If he is noticeably better than Kizer, then it's Hundley we should be keeping. Look at it this way. If one QB (of Boyle/Hundley/Kizer) is signoificantly better, he's the one that should be no.2. If no QB is significantly better, does it really matter that much, which one you keep.

Lets make sure we're comparing our  apples and oranges properly here.....

Lets frame the discussion in terms of time of service with the GBPs: If the 4th year apple shows he's "noticeably better" than the not even a 1st year orange - that wouldnt be all too surprising now would it? You'd almost expect....demand really.....that the 4th year apple play better. It would be logical that he would. After all, he's slept in this bed for four years already. 

No. Its up to the coaches to make determinations on talents such as arm strength, decision making etc given that preseason results can seriously skew ones perception of how a player will perform in the regular season - and in that regard - our 3rd year apple was woeful (IMO) whereas the 1st year orange in the other system had his struggles - of the rookie orange variety.

Clearly I'm biased. I'm hoping the apples days are numbered. I've seen the regular season version and it has worms in it. 

If we keep three - at this stage at least - its the orange @ back up and Boyle on the PS.

Archived