Do you sell the Hundley stock while it is high?

Brit Pack

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

At this point, I'd deal Hundley for pretty much anything you can get. The difference between him and Kizer come regular season time is de minimis in my opinion and I'd rather carry 2 QBs with Boyle on the PS versus 3 guys on the active roster. Ride or die with Kizer as the backup and get a whatever pick you can for Hundley. 

I'm not sure we can get and keep Boyle on the PS. He's not ready for the #2 job but usually he gives his WRs a chance of catching it, which is better than some 3rd string QBs.

My problem with Hundley is that he has completely sucked after getting hit, we even saw it against the Titans, he looked really good and then got hit and sucked.

Which is why I have to get the guy credit now... he got hit against the Steelers and didn't suck afterwards. That's improvement!

Hundley has had two good preseason games now, but I still don't think he's worth anything in a trade. I'm thinking Kizer might be worth something, though--either a low round pick or a player for another team that has some talent but is a backup or is getting crowded out of a roster spot. Hundley may be more valuable to the Packers than to any other team because he knows their system. I kind of hate to say this, because after last season, I just wanted them to get rid of Hundley. 

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'm not sure we can get and keep Boyle on the PS. He's not ready for the #2 job but usually he gives his WRs a chance of catching it, which is better than some 3rd string QBs.

Possible he could get Taysom Hill'd by a team however most teams have a Boyle-type prospect already in camp that they would want to keep on their own PS or as a No. 3 versus bringing in a new guy. I'd put our chances at about 80% of retaining Boyle. 

6 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Hundley has had two good preseason games now, but I still don't think he's worth anything in a trade. I'm thinking Kizer might be worth something, though--either a low round pick or a player for another team that has some talent but is a backup or is getting crowded out of a roster spot. Hundley may be more valuable to the Packers than to any other team because he knows their system. I kind of hate to say this, because after last season, I just wanted them to get rid of Hundley. 

Your not alone. I think Kizer and Boyle have more long term potential which is why I want to keep them, but I think MM is going to keep Hundley.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Possible he could get Taysom Hill'd by a team however most teams have a Boyle-type prospect already in camp that they would want to keep on their own PS or as a No. 3 versus bringing in a new guy. I'd put our chances at about 80% of retaining Boyle. 

I honestly don't know what the 3rd QB market looks like but Boyle looks like the best 3rd QB I've seen in GB. And I think he's better than Hill who got claimed.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

At this point, I'd deal Hundley for pretty much anything you can get. The difference between him and Kizer come regular season time is de minimis in my opinion and I'd rather carry 2 QBs with Boyle on the PS versus 3 guys on the active roster. Ride or die with Kizer as the backup and get a whatever pick you can for Hundley. 

We're talking about at best a conditional late round pick.  And saying there's a minimal difference between Kizer and Hundley is a bit presumptuous since we haven't really seen Kizer against 1's or 2's really.  If you want to roll with Rodgers/Kizer/Boyle I don't really have an issue with it.  But unless you think Boyle has long-term value as a backup QB, I don't see the big infatuation with him.

40 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We're talking about at best a conditional late round pick.  And saying there's a minimal difference between Kizer and Hundley is a bit presumptuous since we haven't really seen Kizer against 1's or 2's really.  If you want to roll with Rodgers/Kizer/Boyle I don't really have an issue with it.  But unless you think Boyle has long-term value as a backup QB, I don't see the big infatuation with him.

I just do not see the point of keeping Hundley. He's probably gone at the end of the year anyways and I'm not a believer that he's going to be a different QB this year versus last year, heaven forbid we have to find out during the regular season. Kizer has a full year of NFL regular season experience under this belt and at this point, he still has a future here, Hundley probably doesn't whether he we keep him this year or not. I'd rather just go 2 QB's and keep Boyle around the PS if possible. Boyle has more upside than Joe Callahan who we carried for two years on our team/PS. Boyle is worth another TC next year. 

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

4th qb.  He's the 4th right?

Yes he's the 4th QB (for now)... my point was that we've had a number of 3rd QBs that might of been worse than him. He doesn't put it on the money, but he usually gives the WR a chance (even though it might be a hard or bad chance, but still a chance) to catch most of the balls he thrown.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yes he's the 4th QB (for now)... my point was that we've had a number of 3rd QBs that might of been worse than him. He doesn't put it on the money, but he usually gives the WR a chance (even though it might be a hard or bad chance, but still a chance) to catch most of the balls he thrown.

It's more likely we would stash him on PS if we weren't projected to keep 3 QBs.

(rest of this isn't really directed at you specifically Beast)

When Teddy Bridgewater, successful NFL starter, doesn't have a market out there for a trade... I don't think Hundley has any market at all. 

Everyone in the NFL thinks that their 2nd/3rd/4th qbs are amazing, and yet none of them actually are relevant outside of the obvious Jimmy G or Matt Schaub or Philip Rivers type situations.

So no team will see Hundley as a future potential starter, which then begs the question,  is there any team willing to blow a 6th rounder or conditional pick on a more secure backup? Maybe a team like Seattle?  Hundley might be a good backup option to WIlson, but I'm pretty sure they addressed the position this offseason.  A team like Oakland is acutely aware of their backup QB deficiencies, but they probably made a few moves on that front also. 

At this point in the preseason, everyone has their "system QBs" in place and would only be looking for high upside projects who could become NFL starters.  Hundley definitively proved that he is not that in his games last season, and therefore he really only has value to GB as their "system QB". 

Kizer is our future groomer QB who can be the system backup for future Rodgers injuries in 2019/2020 if he doesn't fully pan out.

Archived