Update: Marqise Lee suffers high ankle sprain, could miss week 1+

Its A Sabotage

9 hours ago, Jags said:

So this is too be expected as others have said. Sadly enough, Lee is injury prone, but he did show flashes last year. If this means we roll with Greene until Lee gets 100% on week 2 or 3, then I'm fine with it. Rather have him 100% for the long run, then returning early only 90% and possibly re-injuring and having a nagging injury throughout the season. 

High ankle sprains can be a struggle to come back strong from too.

In any case, i don't much care about the flashes at this point.  If you can't ever count on the guy to stay healthy and productive, you can't build a team around the expectation of them as a significant contributor.  Simple as that.

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

In any case, i don't much care about the flashes at this point.  If you can't ever count on the guy to stay healthy and productive, you can't build a team around the expectation of them as a significant contributor.  Simple as that.

He played in every single game last year. Not worried about a high ankle sprain as far as injuries go. If he starts to have hamstring issues then Ill worry/be frustrated about it.

14 hours ago, Tugboat said:

That's why you get insurance plans, or in this case, younger WRs who you could possibly fill the void when Lee is out. Lee has talent and like mentioned in the previous post, he played the entire last season and was our first kick return in I can't remember how many years. He's more than a serviceable guy and has legit playmaking ability that we shouldn't just let walk. 

On 8/16/2017 at 7:28 AM, Jags said:

That's why you get insurance plans, or in this case, younger WRs who you could possibly fill the void when Lee is out. Lee has talent and like mentioned in the previous post, he played the entire last season and was our first kick return in I can't remember how many years. He's more than a serviceable guy and has legit playmaking ability that we shouldn't just let walk. 

Sure, you have insurance plans for now.  But at some point, you either have to plunk down some cash on a new deal for Lee...or just move on with those insurance plans.  The fact it feels like you really need insurance plans so much with him lends itself more toward just moving on imo, unless he comes back cheap or has a phenomenal (and healthy) year or something.

11 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Sure, you have insurance plans for now.  But at some point, you either have to plunk down some cash on a new deal for Lee...or just move on with those insurance plans.  The fact it feels like you really need insurance plans so much with him lends itself more toward just moving on imo, unless he comes back cheap or has a phenomenal (and healthy) year or something.

Only reason you need insurance plans is because for his first two years he struggled with soft tissues injuries/hamstrings. Last offseason he said he changed how he did things to stay healthy and stayed healthy all year. Until a freak ankle injury this preseason he's been healthy and looks like he may just miss a few preseason games.

As long as the hamstrings are behind him I'm 100% cool with Lee being extended. A high ankle sprain isn't going to scare me off.

4 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

A-Rob/Lee/Hurns/Cole/Westbrook/Benn is a pretty damn good receiving core.

Cole was putting a 1st round pick on skates last week. He really seems like a good find in UDFA. Already getting snaps with the first team.

It is a shame we can't find a QB. 

Who was he putting on skates?

Archived