Update: Marqise Lee suffers high ankle sprain, could miss week 1+

Its A Sabotage

On 8/21/2017 at 7:54 AM, KhanYouDigIt said:

A-Rob/Lee/Hurns/Cole/Westbrook/Benn is a pretty damn good receiving core.

Cole was putting a 1st round pick on skates last week. He really seems like a good find in UDFA. Already getting snaps with the first team.

It is a shame we can't find a QB. 

There's talent and playmaking ability there for sure...I'm just not really sold on the composition of the group i guess.  ARob is really the only significant guy there with super reliable hands and that i'd trust in a lot of 50/50 ball situations.

51 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

There's talent and playmaking ability there for sure...I'm just not really sold on the composition of the group i guess.  ARob is really the only significant guy there with super reliable hands and that i'd trust in a lot of 50/50 ball situations.

Don't like Lee's hands?

Dede showed to be a consistent guy at OU, havent seen much on Cole prior to being a Jaguar and he did drop a pass last week but I'm not sure you can chalk him up as an iffy hands guy yet.

Hurns has his ups and downs but if he is can be more like the guy in 2015 I'll have very few worries.

I will say I wish we had one more big WR but theres still a large amount of talent here that a ton of teams would take over what they have in a heartbeat.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Don't like Lee's hands?

Dede showed to be a consistent guy at OU, havent seen much on Cole prior to being a Jaguar and he did drop a pass last week but I'm not sure you can chalk him up as an iffy hands guy yet.

Hurns has his ups and downs but if he is can be more like the guy in 2015 I'll have very few worries.

I will say I wish we had one more big WR but theres still a large amount of talent here that a ton of teams would take over what they have in a heartbeat.

I just don't think he has great hands, or consistently strong compete for contested balls.  He's good with the ball in his hands, he's good when the route gets him wide open and the ball is delivered.  That's about it imo.  Good playmaking skillset and the sort of guy you love to get some big plays out of on a rookie deal, but a safety blanket or possession receiver he is not.  Nor the type i'd want to commit high-end #2WR money to.

Don't even think it has to be another "big WR" to balance things better per se...just another strong possession target would be better imo.  Whether that's a stud TE, a smaller slot receiver like a Sterling Sheppard or whatever, or a downfield outside guy.  Just something.

But idk, a lot of people seem to love Lee.  I just don't get it.  Never have really.  He's always been a playmaker...but there's no consistency to it, even when he's healthy (also inconsistent).  It's like a low rent D-Jax.  Phenomenal playmaker when it's set up right.  Not a guy i'd ideally like to build around as a top WR.  Especially when we already have Hurns locked into a bunch of money, and he's probably even more inconsistent and lackluster as a catcher of the football.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I just don't think he has great hands, or consistently strong compete for contested balls.  He's good with the ball in his hands, he's good when the route gets him wide open and the ball is delivered.  That's about it imo.  Good playmaking skillset and the sort of guy you love to get some big plays out of on a rookie deal, but a safety blanket or possession receiver he is not.  Nor the type i'd want to commit high-end #2WR money to.

Don't even think it has to be another "big WR" to balance things better per se...just another strong possession target would be better imo.  Whether that's a stud TE, a smaller slot receiver like a Sterling Sheppard or whatever, or a downfield outside guy.  Just something.

But idk, a lot of people seem to love Lee.  I just don't get it.  Never have really.  He's always been a playmaker...but there's no consistency to it, even when he's healthy (also inconsistent).  It's like a low rent D-Jax.  Phenomenal playmaker when it's set up right.  Not a guy i'd ideally like to build around as a top WR.  Especially when we already have Hurns locked into a bunch of money, and he's probably even more inconsistent and lackluster as a catcher of the football.

Lee made plays and against good competition. 

Lions game he makes a good catch to get the team in the redzone right on the sideline and keeps his feet in bounds. Soon after in the same drive he goes 1 on 1 with Darius Slay (good corner in this league) and high points the ball and keeps his feet in bounds for the TD. 

Marqise Lee Making Plays VS Lions

This play Marqise Lee beats a top 10 (top 5 in some eyes) corner in tight coverage. He jumps up and snags the ball out of the air despite Xaiver Rhodes being right on his hip. Back shoulder catch executed to near perfection. 

Lee VS Rhodes

This play is the same game. Tight coverage by Mr. Newman and it is a back shoulder throw. Lee jumps up on this 50-50 ball and snags it out of the air and makes sure to keep both feet in bounds before falling out near the sideline. 

Lee making the spectacular catch VS Terrance Newman

Lee comes out of the slot and runs a post route with Graham right on his heels. Manages to hold onto the ball for the TD. Albeit the safety slipped, but Lee looked fearless when going up for this one and would've seemed to have come down with it regardless. 

Lee 20 yard TD

This play shows solid coverage by the Titans CB who didn't lag behind after the move put on him by Lee. He stuck with him for most strides, but Blake threw up a prayer and Lee jumps up and snags the 50-50 ball out of the air and held on tightly. He was afterwards slung in the endzone for the TV by the CB in coverage. Lee Mossed this young man. 

Mossed by Marqise Lee

*These are all from 2016*

Archived