Guice Has Torn ACL - Out for Season

MKnight82

Just now, turtle28 said:

@Danger is right. They should bring in Alf for a work out.

They wont. They have what they want. Perine and Kelley with Thompson. The same unproductive backfield as last year. Hopefully Alex can handle throwing the ball alot. Its about that time. 

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

perine & Kelly suck donkey ***.

Thompsons a 3rd down back.

the only shot we have is if Bibbs or Byron are any good

or trade for a vet, or sign one out of FA

I would we be on the phone right now, calling teams for a starting RB.

because other than Guice (not counting Thompson) our backs SUCK.

as usual, the season rests on our QB.

unless we fix this rb situation, were doomed for 8-8 at best.

Guice was our best shot, of having our run game respected.

When ace says the seasons ceiling is 8-8 you know it’s over

22 minutes ago, FosterTheSkins said:

Bloody hail what is the deal with the teams picks getting injured? This is the third year in a row.

Bad luck for some reason. I would give my opinon why but it will lead to bad arguments and the thread being shut down which, I don’t want.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

To be fair, 8-8 is pretty much a special season for the Redskins. 

It’s like the Mike Wise and Holden Kushner had on 106.7 about the Shanhan’s records... aye, aye, aye, aye, 7 & 9, 7 & 9! Lol ? 

I’ll look for the video on YouTube.

15 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

What do you guys think it would cost us to get Tevin Coleman?

I would think the discussion would start with a 3rd round pick. 

He’s a free agent after the season, and if he walked, I think he would probably bring them back a 4th round comp pick — so I think that would be their baseline, a 2020 4th rounder (or roughly the equivalent of a 2019 5th rounder). 

So for them to trade Coleman, it would have be for a return sufficiently superior to a 5th rounder to make it worth their while to give him up for the 2019 season. And go into the season with Ito Smith (I think?) as their top backup to the occasionally fragile Freeman on a team with SB aspirations. 

I think they’d stay on the line if you called and offered our 3rd rounder. But I think there’s a fair chance they’d want more — and that’s an awful lot to give up for a rental RB. 

So I didn’t watch the game I’m down the jersey shore with the fam. In one of those cheesy arcades the other day there’s a whole grand prize case of fake autographed helmets. Cam, Leveon, Saquon you name it all the stars. On top is a mini signed by Riggins. Thinking how nice it would be if we could have a star player for once. Maybe Guice could be that guy. So last night I’m back there and there’s the Guice helmet. Grab my son look at this Mikey that’s Derrius Guice remember the draft blah blah blah. He’s all pumped up the Skins got a big helmet in the case. Then I hear the news this morning. Like what do I tell him when Perine is plowing into a hole for 1/2 a yard than Thompson sprains his ankle (of course a high sprain) on 3rd down? Rooting for this team is one gut punch after another. 

6 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

A guy we should at least contact or have in for a visit is demarco Murray if he wants to come out of retirement

He said on Scheffter’s podcast he’s waiting for the right situation. I thought of him first too but at this point in his career is he that big an upgrade over Perine/fat rob? I have a feeling if Jeremy Hill is the odd man out in New England Gruden might want him. 

I don’t see any reason to sign another RB. We aren’t a super bowl contending team. Keep our draft picks and give Perine the shot we drafted him for. Guice will be back next year and it will be his spot so why waste a pick trading for another back? Just seems silly to me. 

Archived