patriotsheatyan

Ben (2 years)

Eli (2 years)

Rivers (2-3 years)

Brees (2-4 years)

Brady (2-4 years)

Smith (2-4 years)

Rodgers (4-5 years)

This all depends on how they play this upcoming season. You never really know when age is going to finally catch up with them.

Brady WILL retire in 2 years or if we wins the SB this year.

Big Ben is out by 2020.

Rivers is good for another 3-4 years unless we have another 3-4 win season.

Brees is good for another 3-4 years as the Saints have finally rebuilded a SB team around him and he doesn't need to carry them as much.

Rodgers is question mark to me as I don't think he can handle another injury at his age. He very well might not be the same player coming of his recent injury so who knows with him.

Eli can play for another 3 seasons if he reunites with Coughlin.

Smith will play for another 5 seasons, I don't see him getting unseated by whoever is backing him up in Washington.

Ben has recently said he'd like to play another 3 or 4 more years, AT LEAST.    Obviously, that could change at any point with him, but if he is still playing well and stays healthy,  he likely will....unless he wins another SB in the next two years....which I doubt.

16 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Brady

Brees

Eli

Ben

Rivers

Rodgers

Smith

I think they'll all retire after this season or next. Longest one to stick around could be Aaron Rodgers but he might retire after another three seasons with the injuries he's had and the way things have been managed in Green Bay recently.

On 8/12/2018 at 1:20 PM, areksoo said:

There's potential for some epic HoF classes.

If Brady, Brees, Eli, Ben, and Rodgers all magically retire in the same year...there’s going to be some angry (whiny) fans.

Doubt you’ll get more than two at the same time, though.

On 8/12/2018 at 1:36 PM, Yin-Yang said:

If Brady, Brees, Eli, Ben, and Rodgers all magically retire in the same year...there’s going to be som angry (whiny) fans.

Doubt you’ll get more than two at the same time, though.

Now thats a good question. Which two would be first ballot?

Obviously Brady... would the second be Ben or Eli because of the Super Bowls? Brees or Rodgers?

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

Now thats a good question. Which two would be first ballot?

Obviously Brady... would the second be Ben or Eli because of the Super Bowls? Brees or Rodgers?

Very tough. 

Brees has bulk stats and longevity over Rodgers. Rodgers has more efficiency in TD%, INT%, and passer rating.

Both one SB with one MVP.

Brees has 11 pro bowls, 1 all-pro, and 0 MVPs.

Rodgers has 6 pro bowls, two first team all-pros, and 2 MVPs. 

Youre basically picking between two elite guys, one was probably a bit better but he played in 100 less games. I’d have to hear more to make a good choice.

Eli vs Ben is a good debate for 4th and 5th, though I wouldn’t put either in the HOF.

BTW, my two at the same time comment was more for the retirements than it was the HOF. I doubt those guys line up to where 3 retire in the same season. If Brady, Brees, and Rodgers did I have no doubts they’d all get in first try.

Brady - I think this is his last year.

Eli - He's physically tough, but if he doesn't play well with all of the weapons at his disposal, I could see the team finally parting ways. Instead of playing for another team, Eli probably calls it a night.

Brees - He probably has two more years in him. 

Ben -  Ben is the hard one to figure out because I don't know if he's crying wolf every year or if it's really on his mind. Physically, I think he could last another 3-4 years, but sometimes retirement is driven by mentality.  In the Military, once your eligible to retire, the old saying is "The minute you talk about retirement or even have thoughts about it...you're more than likely going to punch-out very soon."

Rivers -  His body will give up before his mind. He's not retiring until he loses the starting job. I give him 3 years.

Rodgers - Enigma.  Hard to tell. If he wins a Super Bowl in the next couple of years, he'll probably clock-out early.

Smith - I think once he's done being a starting QB, he'll stick around the league for awhile as a QB2.

Archived