We’re Going 5-11

MKnight82

Our QB is old and a checkdown artist.

We don’t have a healthy starting RB on the roster.

Jordan Reed will get hurt.  Davis is old.

We don’t have legitimate starting WRs on the roster.

The Oline will get hurt, and they are overrated in run blocking to begin with.

The D line is solid, but it won’t be enough.

Preston Smith will underwhelm AGAIN. Kerrigan is a year older.

Brown will get hurt. Foster is meh and the rest aren’t ready. 

Norman is great, but Dunbar will fail and coaches will be stubborn to start Moreau.

Safeties don’t matter. 

I’d probably reduce the wins expectation for this season by a game with Guice out for the year. Maybe as much as a game and a half. But anything more than that is vastly overestimating the impact you can reasonably expect from any rookie RB.

If the blocking is good, they’ll get mostly serviceable output from Perine and Fat Rob and Thompson and Marshall. We’ll miss out on some of the big plays and chunk runs that Guice would rip off, no doubt. If the blocking is bad, well, we’d be screwed no matter what. As excited as I was (am) about him, Guice wasn’t going to singlehandedly turn this into a quality rushing attack if the holes aren’t there. 

It’s a big loss. Guice was one of the most exciting things about the team, no doubt. I had the team at 9 wins before this injury, and I’d drop my projection to 8 wins as of now. 

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

If seeing tales like Simple Jack, The Ringer and Forest Gump have taught me anything.  Its that shows about special needs people always have a heartwarming ending of success.

We have Jay Gruden. And in comparison to those. We could go 16-0.

Lolol

Gump was all-America at Bama and invested in Apple Day 1. Gruden is an arena league washout who enjoys getting his nipples pinched. The comparison is an insult to Gump. 

9 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Lolol

Gump was all-America at Bama and invested in Apple Day 1. Gruden is an arena league washout who enjoys getting his nipples pinched. The comparison is an insult to Gump. 

Wait, Gump invested in Apple?

11 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Happy to be of service.

Seems like you could use as many smiles as you can get.

@oldman9er smiles and dreams are all good but you may want to dial back your Blue Benzes. Even I can’t take you seriously or more than a Danny Boy Shill.

So we all decide, are we red pill or blue pill-

red-pill-or-blue-pill_featured.jpg

The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, represent the choice between: 

Oldman, do you choose blissful ignorance and illusion or Knowledge, freedom and uncertainty?

tumblr_o55r89XnI41tj9j4ko1_500.gif

“Knowledge is Freedom and Ignorance is Slavery” Miles Davis. 

tumblr_obnr4fDtU71ultjoto1_500.gif

Hey Oldman, what’s it gonna be-reality or perpetual ignorance and dreamland?

52e965297f4dbcae406941c3ecde887d--vinyl-

So, I'm an ignorant shill because I have not waived the white flag on the Redskins' chances, eh? 

That's great. How you feeling about this wonderful post from Doc there, @Woz and @Thaiphoon ?

Are these the type of insults we are condoning and encouraging for anyone that isn't bleeding out over the Redskins' chances already? 

just wow.... lol

I understand that losing Guice is disappointing, but I don't understand all the negativity. This is football, and injuries happen. We have been building a really strong football team. I think we are really going to surprise some people this year with our Defense. Obviously we need to catch a few breaks like all NFL teams, but I think we have a real shot to make the playoffs. Losing one rookie player doesn't make or break a football season. Next man up. HTTR

Archived