SURVIVOR POOL 13 is now over! Lurker is our champion!!

Woz

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

for a good time, sometimes i like to read through the OP because its a good example of how thorough you need to be so someone doesnt misunderstand

What is more amusing/irritating to me is:

1. people who DON'T read the front post, and (who inevitably become)
  2. people who complain about the rules and the nit-pickiness of them, not realizing that each and every rule is there because of situations I have found myself in after doing this for twelve years and have had to make judgments on the fly.

There's a reason that the HOST NOTES post exists (beyond me giving a place for my kids to play as well as denoting where I can no long edit). That's where I put down all of the rules I need to update/clarify/add for future versions (in vain hope someone else takes this burden from me, they can learn from my scars).

15 minutes ago, Woz said:

So, two days before the season begins, 100+ people signed up, and no edits yet. Maybe, just maybe ...

ACTIVATE WONDER TWINS *JINX* POWERS!

I'm too lazy to check - how does this compare to previous years? Seems like less. I know we lost some people in the migration..

26 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I'm too lazy to check - how does this compare to previous years? Seems like less. I know we lost some people in the migration..

Way under, unfortunately. Part of that was a lack of marketing on my part due to being on vacation.

Just now, Woz said:

Way under, unfortunately. Part of that was a lack of marketing on my part due to being on vacation.

2018 - 104 (currently, as of packerjmf's pick)
2017 - 181 (first year on new forum software)
2016 - 227
2015 - 254
2014 - 257
2013 - 294
2012 - 295
2011 - 310
2010 - 251
2009 - 238
2008 - 137 (first year in NFL General)
2007 - 53 (hosted in Washington forum)
2006 - 13 (hosted in Washington forum)

Also interesting (maybe just to me) is how few people have changed their mind in week one. Only two people have switched up to date.

Archived