SURVIVOR POOL 13 is now over! Lurker is our champion!!

Woz

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

if saints, rams, and chargers all go down...this could be the quickest game ever

I really wanted to go away from one of those picks, but there's honestly not a lot of great options outside of those games.  So i'm sitting in the same sucker pool as everyone else, waiting for the Rams to blow me up.

On 9/12/2018 at 2:17 PM, stl4life07 said:

Rams are 12.5pt favorites. Wish I could pick them but I picked them in Week 1 against the Raiders.

Doesn't really matter when you edit your post.

For editing this post, stl4life07 has been disqualified from the competition.

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

Doesn't really matter when you edit your post.

For editing this post, stl4life07 has been disqualified from the competition.

I didn’t edit my pick dude. I edited a response to someone. If I’m disqualified that’s cheap. That’s low. My edits had NOTHING to do with my pick. That’s pathetic and bogus and to be honest I’m not accepting it. Seriously you can disqualify me with a crazy reason that has NOTHING to do with my Week 2 Pick but it’s a bad look on how you approach this survivor pool. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I didn’t edit my pick dude. I edited a response to someone. If I’m disqualified that’s cheap. That’s low. My edits had NOTHING to do with my pick. That’s pathetic and bogus and to be honest I’m not accepting it. Seriously you can disqualify me with a crazy reason that has NOTHING to do with my Week 2 Pick but it’s a bad look on how you approach this survivor pool. 

On 8/11/2018 at 5:00 AM, Woz said:
  • It does not matter if the edited post had nothing to do with your pick. If you edited a post, you will be disqualified from the competition
  • It does not matter if you explain why you edited the post. If you edited a post, you will be disqualified from the competition.

On 9/4/2018 at 4:51 PM, Woz said:

What is more amusing/irritating to me is:

1. people who DON'T read the front post, and (who inevitably become)
  2. people who complain about the rules and the nit-pickiness of them, not realizing that each and every rule is there because of situations I have found myself in after doing this for twelve years and have had to make judgments on the fly.

There's a reason that the HOST NOTES post exists (beyond me giving a place for my kids to play as well as denoting where I can no long edit). That's where I put down all of the rules I need to update/clarify/add for future versions (in vain hope someone else takes this burden from me, they can learn from my scars).

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Yeah sounds like a reason to eliminate people. Bogus rule that has nothing to do with picks. It’s not cheating. This is a weak move and the crazy thing is YOU look bad just for doing it. TECHNICALLY the cops can stop anyone who goes 1mph over the speed limit because it’s speeding. They don’t. TECHNICALLY a cashier don’t have to let someone slide if they are a penny or two short. I’ve worked in grocery stores. They don’t. But hey an off comment responding to someone that was edited to correct GRAMMER it’s an instant DQ. Alright ok, whatever.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

It’s cheap so I don’t know what else to tell you. If that’s your explanation then it’s lazy too. No cheating was done. If I lose I lose but to be DQ like this is so cheap. And the CRAZY part is that you saw the post that I edit and didn’t even think for one second that I did no cheating to HELP with my chances of winning the pool and still DQ me. That says a lot about who you are. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

It’s cheap so I don’t know what else to tell you. If that’s your explanation then it’s lazy too. No cheating was done. If I lose I lose but to be DQ like this is so cheap. And the CRAZY part is that you saw the post that I edit and didn’t even think for one second that I did no cheating to HELP with my chances of winning the pool and still DQ me. That says a lot about who you are. 

A few things:

1. The front post is about as explicit as I can make it regarding editing posts. All of the notes I have there essentially take up the entire page on a 24" monitor. It isn't like I buried the information.
  2. This rule has been in place since the 4th iteration of the pool. This isn't something new. You've played multiple iterations of this game. This shouldn't come as a surprise.
  3. You are the third person who has been eliminated this year for editing. You are the only person to impugn my character for enforcing a rule that I had bolded, underlined, explained my reasoning, gave examples of excuses/reasons I would not accept, and used a 36 point font to highlight its importance.
  4. Regarding your examples of the cops and cashiers skipping enforcing the rules at the edges: you're right. That's their prerogative as arbiters of the law (police) or business transactions (cashiers). I explicitly said after all of the explanations:

On 8/11/2018 at 5:00 AM, Woz said:

There is no winning an appeal on this one. I have made this abundantly clear. If you edit your post, you're done.

I told you and every other competitor that this was non-negotiable. That's my prerogative.
  5. I eliminated Shanedorf earlier this year because he removed a joke from a post that he later felt was too harsh. I felt bad doing it, but it was an edit.
  6. I myself almost fell to this rule (and mentioned it as a teaching experience):

On 8/25/2018 at 5:47 PM, Woz said:
    On 8/25/2018 at 5:46 PM, Woz said:

... but you picked the Browns?

I meant, you picked them again.

And for the record, I almost edited the aforementioned post. Backed away at the last minute. So, I get it. It happens.

You still will be immediately eliminated.

Had I edited that post, I would have eliminated myself. As per the rules. Because that's the kind of person I am.
  7. If you don't like my rules, you are free to run your own Survivor Pool (now or in the future). That said, I have run this for over a decade so I would recommend you learn from my experience. There's reason for the single sanction. If you let one person slide (for something like grammar), the next person will say "well, you let X slide, why not me?!" and then throw a hissy fit if/when you have to say "no, that one is not okay."

This will be the last I will say on this.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

A few things:

1. The front post is about as explicit as I can make it regarding editing posts. All of the notes I have there essentially take up the entire page on a 24" monitor. It isn't like I buried the information.
  2. This rule has been in place since the 4th iteration of the pool. This isn't something new. You've played multiple iterations of this game. This shouldn't come as a surprise.
  3. You are the third person who has been eliminated this year for editing. You are the only person to impugn my character for enforcing a rule that I had bolded, underlined, explained my reasoning, gave examples of excuses/reasons I would not accept, and used a 36 point font to highlight its importance.
  4. Regarding your examples of the cops and cashiers skipping enforcing the rules at the edges: you're right. That's their prerogative as arbiters of the law (police) or business transactions (cashiers). I explicitly said after all of the explanations:

I told you and every other competitor that this was non-negotiable. That's my prerogative.
  5. I eliminated Shanedorf earlier this year because he removed a joke from a post that he later felt was too harsh. I felt bad doing it, but it was an edit.
  6. I myself almost fell to this rule (and mentioned it as a teaching experience):

Had I edited that post, I would have eliminated myself. As per the rules. Because that's the kind of person I am.
  7. If you don't like my rules, you are free to run your own Survivor Pool (now or in the future). That said, I have run this for over a decade so I would recommend you learn from my experience. There's reason for the single sanction. If you let one person slide (for something like grammar), the next person will say "well, you let X slide, why not me?!" and then throw a hissy fit if/when you have to say "no, that one is not okay."

This will be the last I will say on this.

You can make all the excuses to justify you actions but it still dont take away the fact that its so cheap. You are right its your prerogative but it makes you look like a tool. If a cop stops you for going 1mph over the speed limit you will be pissed too and feeling the same way. So dont throw this rule crap in my face because its not a good look for you. Hiding behind rules and not owning up to you being a man and the fact that your character took a big hit. Its weak, bogus, pathetic, and cowardly. But hey rules or rules and if its full of crap then the rules make it smell good like spraying febreze on crap. Get out of here with this weak stuff. 

Just now, Woz said:

I've said my piece.

As an aside, if you're trying to convince someone to change their mind about something, insulting them generally doesn't get you very far.

I am not trying to change your mind because you I knew as soon as you DQ me I dont care if I sent you football season tickets to your favorite team I still would be DQ. I am showing you that I am human and its not an insult its me being PISSED. I am not a bot who dont have feelings. If you treat someone like this then what do you expect to happen. You talk about throwing a fit. Look dude its a dumb rule because if its not cheating then it has no effect on the game. What are you not understanding? I did no harm to effect the game in terms of winning and losing. YOU chose to make this choice to DQ me. There are people you dont do that too. Maybe people youve done that to in the past that let it slide. I am not going to let this slide because I know its weak and so wrong on so many levels. You are abusing your power at your convenient and I am not going to stand back and let that happen. If you were some upright dude that did everything perfect fair or not fair then I can understand. Nobody is perfect. So again if you want to hide behind your rule to justify why you did what you did then go right ahead. It just shows the weakness of your character. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt and when you DQ me years ago I didnt react like I am because I understand that it was within reason. So you know this isnt just me reacting to react. When I say I am not letting this go I mean it. I dont care how you feel about or anyone else. I am not letting this go because I fight for what I believe in and I believe in doing whats right. Not doing something that you know its so weak I dont care how bad you feel. You still did something that you know was weak and still did it. Nobody forced you to do it. You chose to go this route so now here we both are.   

Archived