Robert Davis

Marcus21

Looks like redskins fear Robert Davis tore his ACL in practice today. Maybe he and Guice can rehab together! 

Injury update: Davis being evaluated for "lower extremity" injury. hurt his leg and was helped off the field... Harvey Clemons DNP (hamstring). Catalina: eval for upper extremity. Appeared to happen when OL worked after practice.... Norman: dehydration (occurred after practice)

That royally sucks for Davis.

On a more cynical note, Harris is probably quietly grinning to himself. Quinn's path to the final roster becomes easier, and realistically Quick just needs to fend of Sims and Cobbs Jr. Fields and Kidsy might even benefit from a few more reps than they would have gotten, potentially giving them a space on the practice squad.

3 hours ago, mar29020 said:

spa gruden has left them soft.

I'm going to assume you forgot the "</sarcasm>" or "/s" tag here. Otherwise, I would be very interested to hear what drills a coach should pursue to prevent broken legs and torn ligaments.

11 minutes ago, Woz said:

On a more cynical note, Harris is probably quietly grinning to himself. Quinn's path to the final roster becomes easier, and realistically Quick just needs to fend of Sims and Cobbs Jr. Fields and Kidsy might even benefit from a few more reps than they would have gotten, potentially giving them a space on the practice squad.

I’m not 100% sure Davis was going to make the team....the Sims kid looks pretty good for an UDFA. 

This sucks really bad for him but it’s not as big of a loss as Guice was obviously.  I wish him a full recovery for next year.

As Woz said, in this case we have other guys who are showing as much and probably more; Maurice Harris, Quick, Sims, Cobbs and Quinn can pick up they slack easily.

Also, this is most beneficial to the veteran Quick. I think the last WR roster spot is going to be between Sims, Cobbs and Quinn with Cobbs and Sims probably going on the practice squad mainly because Quinn can be a good back up for Crowder. 

Guice is obviously going to be harder to replace than Davis, but this still sucks.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

I'm going to assume you forgot the "</sarcasm>" or "/s" tag here. Otherwise, I would be very interested to hear what drills a coach should pursue to prevent broken legs and torn ligaments.

Actually there is substantial literature on how proper conditioning can and does successfully preempt ACL injuries. Broken legs? No that’s just a continuation of the Jinx 

35 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Actually there is substantial literature on how proper conditioning can and does successfully preempt ACL injuries. Broken legs? No that’s just a continuation of the Jinx 

I’d love to read that conspiracy theory. 

Last time I checked when you fall or cut a certain way and your knee gets bent there’s not much anything can be done about that.

If anything, over training causes more knee injuries and ligament tears than the other way around. 

Google it or even better Pub Med it. You will see lots of articles about ensuring strength, conditioning and stretching. Injuries will still occur but it seems we have quite a few more than others and I don’t just want to chalk it up to bad luck. I feel bad for this kid as he was in line to play quality minutes 

23 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Google it or even better Pub Med it. You will see lots of articles about ensuring strength, conditioning and stretching. Injuries will still occur but it seems we have quite a few more than others and I don’t just want to chalk it up to bad luck. I feel bad for this kid as he was in line to play quality minutes 

If you think we have more torn ACL’s than other teams then you just aren’t paying attention. Every single day of practice and game players are tearing ACLs. It’s been happening for decades, this is not a new phenomena. 

I follow pro football talk and every few articles they put out are about a tearing an ACL this time of year through February.

13 hours ago, Woz said:

This is the underlying of why this injury really sucks. The other players battling for roster spots might (without even realizing it) let up a bit. The more competition, the better. Harris and Quinn might feel a little more comfortable and lose a little bit of that desperation that ultimately makes them a better player. Maybe I’m overthinking a bit but less competition hurts the whole unit.

Archived