Robert Davis

Marcus21

I’d be shocked if this team doesn’t use its first pick on a receiver next year. Davis seemed to have a lot of potential for a late pick but I couldn’t see him making much of an impact this year regardless. As a side note, I’d cut Quick as well. 

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’d be shocked if this team doesn’t use its first pick on a receiver next year. Davis seemed to have a lot of potential for a late pick but I couldn’t see him making much of an impact this year regardless. As a side note, I’d cut Quick as well. 

I think that all depends on what Doctson and Paul Richardson do. My hope is they do well and that instead of WR, we draft a LB in round 1 and OG in round 2 (if there are ones available worth selecting).

Give me some Tre Lamar, ILB, Clemson. 

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We’re going to need an OLB in the first next year.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think that all depends on what Doctson and Paul Richardson do. My hope is they do well and that instead of WR, we draft a LB in round 1 and OG in round 2 (if there are ones available worth selecting).

Give me some Tre Lamar, ILB, Clemson. 

At some point, in this draft or next, we gotta get our QB of the future.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:09 PM, Marcus21 said:

I’m not 100% sure Davis was going to make the team....the Sims kid looks pretty good for an UDFA. 

I would argue Davis had the inside lane over Sims.

What makes this harder for Davis is that it gives Sims more opportunities now, which could make it more difficult for him to make the roster next year.

Unfortunately, that's the nature of the game.

21 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Google it or even better Pub Med it. You will see lots of articles about ensuring strength, conditioning and stretching. Injuries will still occur but it seems we have quite a few more than others and I don’t just want to chalk it up to bad luck. I feel bad for this kid as he was in line to play quality minutes 

I'll take your word for it.

Does that fall on Gruden or is that more the S&C coach and training staff issue?

11 hours ago, SeanTaylorsaPIMP said:

This is the underlying of why this injury really sucks. The other players battling for roster spots might (without even realizing it) let up a bit. The more competition, the better. Harris and Quinn might feel a little more comfortable and lose a little bit of that desperation that ultimately makes them a better player. Maybe I’m overthinking a bit but less competition hurts the whole unit.

Perhaps, but it sounds like Sims showed enough in the first game to give Quick and Quinn a bit of pause if they think they have it on Easy Street (I think Harris was probably safe before Davis's injury).

15 hours ago, Woz said:

I'll take your word for it.

Does that fall on Gruden or is that more the S&C coach and training staff issue?

I think a combination- S&C which hasn’t  been a strength ;) for us, bad luck, the players for conditioning, then Gruden in that order.. 

49 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I think a combination- S&C which hasn’t  been a strength ;) for us, bad luck, the players for conditioning, then Gruden in that order.. 

None of this explains Holsey dropping a table on his toe ! O.o

14 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

It’s a league wide problem, period and it’s been since people started playing football a century ago. You can’t place injuries that happen to every team in a collision sport on anyone, they just happen.

Archived