Chargers Regular/Pre Season thread

DingoLadd

On 8/12/2018 at 6:55 PM, game3525 said:

-Ekeler looked great. 

-We have a lot of depth on defense.

-Cardele is getting cut.

Those are my three big takeaways from game one. 

I didn't catch much of the game, but everything I gathered from the folks I follow on Twitter, Geno was the one that people were saying that about.

13 hours ago, The LBC said:

I didn't catch much of the game, but everything I gathered from the folks I follow on Twitter, Geno was the one that people were saying that about.

I don't know what game those people were watching then. Geno looked far better then Jones.

Not really sure if this should go in the offseason thread (since it's not really offseason anymore) but does anybody else think Johnathan Hankins would be a great signing right now? I haven't really been all that impressed with Mebane this preseason, Liuget will be suspended for a quarter of the season and Justin Jones is still a rookie. I feel like Hankins might be willing to take a team friendly deal with us at this point just so he doesn't start missing actual regular season games because he's not signed with any team. It seems like a classic Tom Tolesco move to sign a quality player at a position of need right before the season starts. I think he might even be willing to take a one year deal with us so he could produce bigger numbers being on a line with Ingram and Bosa and try to get a bigger deal in FA after this season.

3 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I'm kind of amazed we haven't signed Hankins yet considering our d-line is blegh.

I'm starting to suspect that there is something about Hankins that the fans and media don't know about.

It seems odd to me that he would be cut by a team that needs any defensive help it can get in the Colts and that we are about 2 weeks away from the start of the season and he still hasn't been signed. Something seems a bit off.

That having been said, I believe Hankins (with what we know about him right now) could be the final piece of our defense that takes us from a very good unit to an elite one.

20 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I'm starting to suspect that there is something about Hankins that the fans and media don't know about.

It seems odd to me that he would be cut by a team that needs any defensive help it can get in the Colts and that we are about 2 weeks away from the start of the season and he still hasn't been signed. Something seems a bit off.

That having been said, I believe Hankins (with what we know about him right now) could be the final piece of our defense that takes us from a very good unit to an elite one.

There has to be something, I agree with that. Injury we don't know about possibly? If it was something illegal probably would've surfaced by now.

Agreed, he would be useful.

Archived