Chargers Regular/Pre Season thread

DingoLadd

On 8/22/2018 at 5:01 AM, Bolts223 said:

I'm starting to suspect that there is something about Hankins that the fans and media don't know about.

It seems odd to me that he would be cut by a team that needs any defensive help it can get in the Colts and that we are about 2 weeks away from the start of the season and he still hasn't been signed. Something seems a bit off.

That having been said, I believe Hankins (with what we know about him right now) could be the final piece of our defense that takes us from a very good unit to an elite one.

Reportedly his asking price is too high.

No one is going to hand out a lot of cash to a defensive linemen, who isn't much of a pass-rusher. 

On 8/23/2018 at 4:17 PM, game3525 said:

No one is going to hand out a lot of cash to a defensive linemen, who isn't much of a pass-rusher. 

On 8/23/2018 at 4:17 PM, game3525 said:

If that's the case, he's going to either have to settle or not play at all.

6 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I'd take Dan Bailey, doubt we do because that would be good for the team.

Would it though.  He's good historically, but percentage wise, he was the 4th worst kicker in the league last year, with 3 misses inside the 40....

I was thinking... or maybe hoping...

Maybe Hunter Henry's injury was a blessing rather than the normal disaster the Chargers have in the injury department. This should put more emphasis on Mike Williams in the redzone and let us use more of our WRs which I believe we are very deep at.

Also its the only way they were going to bring Gates back so he can get that ring together with Rivers!!!

2 hours ago, Zappaz said:

I was thinking... or maybe hoping...

Maybe Hunter Henry's injury was a blessing rather than the normal disaster the Chargers have in the injury department. This should put more emphasis on Mike Williams in the redzone and let us use more of our WRs which I believe we are very deep at.

Also its the only way they were going to bring Gates back so he can get that ring together with Rivers!!!

I like the glass half full approach. I definitely have this overall feeling at least until Week 4 about this team. So I admire this positive spin. 

I also noticed he is on the PUP not IR. I’m guessing this is a 99% well you never know but then he just doesn’t end up coming back (Like the Celtics with Hayward this past year in the NBA) as it seems late December/Early January is the absolute earliest he could be back. But it’s something I will keep in the back of my mind all season. 

Mike Williams looks like a beast. I was very concerned just based on recent history of 1st round WRs getting hurt and playing less than 10 games as a rookie they seem to never be who they were drafted to be. I hope he can buck that trend. 

Love having Gates back. Worst kept secret since he went down that we’d being him back. He needs no camp or preseason. 

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

I like the glass half full approach. I definitely have this overall feeling at least until Week 4 about this team. So I admire this positive spin. 

I also noticed he is on the PUP not IR. I’m guessing this is a 99% well you never know but then he just doesn’t end up coming back (Like the Celtics with Hayward this past year in the NBA) as it seems late December/Early January is the absolute earliest he could be back. But it’s something I will keep in the back of my mind all season. 

Mike Williams looks like a beast. I was very concerned just based on recent history of 1st round WRs getting hurt and playing less than 10 games as a rookie they seem to never be who they were drafted to be. I hope he can buck that trend. 

Love having Gates back. Worst kept secret since he went down that we’d being him back. He needs no camp or preseason. 

I'm trying to be positive lol.. last few years have made it tough though. 

I just have a feeling that this team is talented at all levels and we have a coach that will push us over to the next level. I'm rooting for that fairy tale ending for Gates and to see Rivers show that he does belong mentioned with the greatest QBs to play. This is the more hope I've had for this team since the mid 2000s.

How much would the NFL love a LA vs LA Superbowl?

On 8/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, DingoLadd said:

I'm kind of amazed we haven't signed Hankins yet considering our d-line is blegh.

Gus Bradley's defense seems to put more emphasis on linebacker play vs. DL play. This is based on our draft as well as some of Bradley's comments regarding his feelings about the DL.

On 9/2/2018 at 8:24 PM, Duffman57 said:

Would it though.  He's good historically, but percentage wise, he was the 4th worst kicker in the league last year, with 3 misses inside the 40....

Yeah he was injured last year, I will take the chance the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL history could rebound off a bad year. 

Archived