Chargers Regular/Pre Season thread

DingoLadd

On 11/18/2018 at 1:39 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hey guys, just curious after looking back at previous drafts and guys I was really big on pre-draft. 

How have Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney been for you guys? I know at least 1 has had some injuries but given how much better Gordon has been this year, I figured they have played a big part in it

I don't think Lamp has been active for a single game yet.. Tore his ACL and missed his entire rookie year and he's been inactive I think every game this season.

Feeney is looking pretty good I think.  The oline has been a bright spot this year and he's a part of the unit.

On today's game - We blew any chance we had at winning the AFC West by losing a game ONLY the Chargers could lose. The game was over with the first down to Gates.. But somehow it wasn't....

Pathetic loss, still haven't buried our 2015-2017 demons.

The 5 seed is the best we can hope for but we could easily end up with 6 or hell, miss out on the playoffs altogether. We're going to have to travel to 2 of NE, PIT, KC if we want a superbowl appearance.. Can anyone see us winning those games? We are playing in both KC and PIT over the next few weeks so lets see what we got.

vs Cardinals

@ Steelers

vs Bengals

@ Chiefs

vs Ravens

@ Broncos

3-3 gets us in. The schedule sucks after next week so if we lose to the Cards we are done.

57 minutes ago, Classic said:

Luiget out for season per Anthony Lynn. This team will get tested now and by a slew of great RBs the next few games. David Johnson, James Conner, Joe Mixon and Kareem Hunt. We can manage to beat Arizona but the rest of the schedule looks brutal. 

If one area of our team was to be weak, I'd want it to be the run defense.  Every year there's a few teams that get into the playoffs despite awful run defenses, and they still manage to win games there.

2 minutes ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

On today's game - We blew any chance we had at winning the AFC West by losing a game ONLY the Chargers could lose. The game was over with the first down to Gates.. But somehow it wasn't....

The 5 seed is the best we can hope for but we could easily end up with 6 or hell, miss out on the playoffs altogether. We're going to have to travel to 2 of NE, PIT, KC if we want a superbowl appearance.. Can anyone see us winning those games? We are playing in both KC and PIT over the next few weeks so lets see what we got.

vs Cardinals

@ Steelers

vs Bengals

@ Chiefs

vs Ravens

@ Broncos

3-3 gets us in.

Yeah, we can win them, but it won't be easy.  We have the pass rush and secondary that we could pull off a Giants/Ravens type run.

But, really, I think this season is the prelude to the 2019-2020 window.

Right now we have a 2 game lead in the wild card race.  If we go 3-2 over the next five, we should be able to rest our starters in Week 17.

1 hour ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

vs Cardinals

@ Steelers

vs Bengals

@ Chiefs

vs Ravens

@ Broncos

3-3 gets us in. The schedule sucks after next week so if we lose to the Cards we are done.

Rivers reverted to his 2011 days were he made dumb mistake after dumb mistake. He should've ran the ball on that final 3rd down play ran out 40 secs instead of throwing it to the ground.

This team is so up and down I wouldn't be surprised they go all out and win one of the Steelers and Chiefs game only to lose the final two and be out of the playoffs. I think we'll make the playoffs but we could've used a rest game for our starters instead of now playing all of the games for #5 seed. As for this team going on a Ravens/Giants run it's possible but I doubt it as this coaching staff and team doesn't have alot of playoff experience outside of Rivers, Allen, Gates. That and we'll need Rivers to have Eli/Flacco type of playoff success which has never leads me to not be too excited. Our celing right now is we beat one of AFC South division winners (Titans, Texans, Colts) and bow out to any of the Patriots, Steelers, Chiefs teams.

1 hour ago, Neutral2 said:

Yeah, we can win them, but it won't be easy.  We have the pass rush and secondary that we could pull off a Giants/Ravens type run.

But, really, I think this season is the prelude to the 2019-2020 window.

Right now we have a 2 game lead in the wild card race.  If we go 3-2 over the next five, we should be able to rest our starters in Week 17.

This is the most reasonable outlook for the team. The issue is we need to figure out how to beat the Chiefs or Mahomes and Reid are going to a problem for years.

I just hope Rivers doesn't fall of a cliff ala Peyton Manning or Gordon isn't able to run anymore by then. Telesco needs to build around this defense and Joey Bosa. 

6 hours ago, Classic said:

Rivers reverted to his 2011 days were he made dumb mistake after dumb mistake. He should've ran the ball on that final 3rd down play ran out 40 secs instead of throwing it to the ground.

This team is so up and down I wouldn't be surprised they go all out and win one of the Steelers and Chiefs game only to lose the final two and be out of the playoffs. I think we'll make the playoffs but we could've used a rest game for our starters instead of now playing all of the games for #5 seed. As for this team going on a Ravens/Giants run it's possible but I doubt it as this coaching staff and team doesn't have alot of playoff experience outside of Rivers, Allen, Gates. That and we'll need Rivers to have Eli/Flacco type of playoff success which has never leads me to not be too excited. Our celing right now is we beat one of AFC South division winners (Titans, Texans, Colts) and bow out to any of the Patriots, Steelers, Chiefs teams.

As much as I love Rivers.. I really do.. That has to be one of the stupidest things he's ever done on a football field. Literally the only thing we did not want was an incomplete pass. I really don't know why we even called a pass play to begin with - ughhh so annoying to think about this game. Thank God we are 7-3 and not 4-6.

The worst thing for me - our Defense was asked to get us the victory against Tennessee and Seattle. They pulled through both times.

The offense was asked to get us the win this week, and we run the dumbest play all year.. Our D probably should've held at the end but we really can't expect them to do it week after week. Our offense needs to learn how to put teams away. Losing a game after leading by two scores in the final quarter is just inexcusable.. ESPECIALLY against a non playoff team. 

What do you guys think we need to do to give us a better shot in 2019? Honestly our roster looks good enough to compete and it's really frustrating that we are still a level below the 'great' teams. 

I think FS and DT are 2 definite needs.. Can't really think of any other weaknesses (as long as Badgley doesn't pull a Sturgis anytime soon).

That was a bad loss. It stuck with me longer than losses usually stick with me. I feel it’s been discussed to death. There were many mistakes.

I just wanna see a promising beatdown of the Cardinals and then will hold off on my true thoughts about this team until after the Pitt game. I really was starting to believe and go in the week leading up to this game and we haven’t seen it this season until Sunday but this was a crushing loss I finally believed this team wouldn’t actually lose. I just can’t help but feel me finally believing in this team may have caused this to happen. 

13 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Why is this forum dead. I know LA hardly cares about the Chargers but damn seems like this board doesn't care either. I guess all San Diego fans really must of left the Chargers 

I wasn't here then but I can't imagine this place was full of posts even when they were in San Diego. All the other Chargers forums on the internet I'm on are far and away more active than this one. 

6 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

Dean Spanos

He'll always get the majority of the blame but I will always say it was San Diego's mayors office that ruined any chance of a stadium being built. Something should've been worked out after the 2003 Super Bowl and not 2016 near the deadline.

Archived