Chargers Regular/Pre Season thread

DingoLadd

54 minutes ago, Xenos said:

So happy we beat Eric Weddle.

So happy we advanced. Tough team. Next week will be tough too. One mistake and the season can be over. I’d really like to knock Tom Terrific out of the playoffs. 

20 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

So happy we advanced. Tough team. Next week will be tough too. One mistake and the season can be over. I’d really like to knock Tom Terrific out of the playoffs. 

The Chargers can win if they don't get in their own way. The Patriots are extremely beatable this year.

7 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The Chargers can win if they don't get in their own way. The Patriots are extremely beatable this year.

Even when the Patriots were unbeatable they were beatable. Remember when they won 21 games in a row at Gillette until the Chargers came to town? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/03/sports/football/painful-omen-for-patriots.html

Their perfect season before David Tyree? 

We have ave a Chance. I just don’t think it will be easy. 

I was almost thinking this was going to be another classic Charger loss.. But we actually held on.

Nothing to lose against the Pats next week. Give 'em hell, throw everything at them! I would love for Rivers to take this game and own it but it will be tough in those weather conditions.

Hopefully Henry gets activated tomorrow and we can dink and dunk them down the field all day. MGIII needs to perform, I hope his knee is okay.

I probably should be but I'm just not worried about this Patriots team you guys. It's been a long time coming and we finally have a all around better team with disciplined minded head coach. It wouldn't shock me if we went in and won convincingly but that's probably asking for too much. Either way we're coming out of N.E with the win. I just hope the Colts beat the Chiefs, I'd hate it if we had to go on the road to KC again and have to play the MVP for a shot to the Super Bowl.

40 minutes ago, Classic said:

I probably should be but I'm just not worried about this Patriots team you guys. It's been a long time coming and we finally have a all around better team with disciplined minded head coach. It wouldn't shock me if we went in and won convincingly but that's probably asking for too much. Either way we're coming out of N.E with the win. I just hope the Colts beat the Chiefs, I'd hate it if we had to go on the road to KC again and have to play the MVP for a shot to the Super Bowl.

Honestly if you called this team any other name id be Uber confident because on paper they aren’t near us. The overall make up of each rosters are not all that close. The talent discrepancy is pretty big. Yea yea yea but they are NE and somehow that still scares the hell out of me. 

19 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Woo

I'm not, I'm still pissed about how we treated him.

Weddle would still be a Charger if he hadn't done what he did during the 2015 season: Create a public distraction with his contract demands,  having his agent call out one of his teammates, play the worst season of his career, and mislead about how the Chargers unfairly fined him.

• 2 weeks later...

my view is that the Chargers were screwed by how the NFL does seeding

division winners don't always deserve seeding priority, the NBA got it right a few years ago in changing their seeding system that way

and not only should all teams be seeded by record, the playoffs should be expanded to 16 teams to eliminate the unfair advantage the top 2 seeds in each conference have had for years

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 7:35 PM, pf9 said:

my view is that the Chargers were screwed by how the NFL does seeding

division winners don't always deserve seeding priority, the NBA got it right a few years ago in changing their seeding system that way

and not only should all teams be seeded by record, the playoffs should be expanded to 16 teams to eliminate the unfair advantage the top 2 seeds in each conference have had for years

I think that would make the playoffs more fun but the NFL Owners would never allow it. 

10 hours ago, Classic said:

I think that would make the playoffs more fun but the NFL Owners would never allow it. 

Also, minus the Pats having to travel across the country, I'm not sure the Chargers would have had much in the way of home field advantage at StubHub against the Pats.  The Spanii indiscriminately sold soooo many season tickets to ticket resale agencies that between the coat-tail riding Pats fans in LA (of where there are many, even if it means committing the Cardinal sin of being an LA fan rooting for a Boston team when you're not actually from Boston) and the Pats fans from around the country willing to travel in for the game - there's probably at least 40% Pats fans at the game, and that's probably a lowball estimate.

Archived