What team do you think would trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

DoleINGout

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-teddy-bridgewater-trade-20180808-story.html

Apparently Bridgewater could be traded by the Jets if Sam Darnold claims the starting spot. What teams would be interested in acquiring Teddy Bridgewater right now, and what would be enough compensation? For example, the Patriots may be interested in Bridgewater and trading versatile edge rusher/linebacker Dont'a Hightower, (or a player of similar caliber), may exactly what the Jets are looking for to make this deal.

I don’t think the Jets and Pats would be willing trade partners. The last time they made a trade, it was forced. 

New Orleans would make sense.

I think it’ll take an injury though. Aside from that, I can’t really see a team trading for him as is.

Right now the Bengals backup competition is Matt Barkley and Jeff Driskel. It’s be nice to have a player of Bridgewater’s quality. But he likely think he’s starting material, he won’t be content holding a clipboard without a legitimate chance to usurp the starter. Doubt we come calling.

37 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

New Orleans would make sense.

This was my first thought as well.

Tyeler Davison, Ken Crawley, Mark Ingram would all be guys I think could be in the mix of a trade were to happen.

5 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Yeah most likely.

What would thr Buccaneers have to offer for the Jets to agree to a trade though?

No idea, really. Draft picks probably.

If I was looking for a QB, I'd offer DJax and some change. But I doubt our front office views DJax as expendable right now. 

There's no way we trade for a QB anyway.

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

No idea, really. Draft picks probably.

If I was looking for a QB, I'd offer DJax and some change. But I doubt our front office views DJax as expendable right now. 

There's no way we trade for a QB anyway.

DJax is a good bargaining chip. I could see that if they prefer to work with Humphrey out of the slot and invest in Chris Godwin.

24 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I could see the Panthers being interested.  We need a back-up QB and Bridgewater has experience in Turner's system.

Soooo... I'm guessing draft picks are the only thing the Panthers have to offer. Maybe Greg Olsen and/or Chris Samuel?

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

DJax is a good bargaining chip. I could see that if they prefer to work with Humphrey out of the slot and invest in Chris Godwin.

I figure both DJax and Hump are gone next year. DJax will be out of guaranteed money and Hump will be due a new contract. Neither will be worth it with the expected emergence of Godwin. 

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Soooo... I'm guessing draft picks are the only thing the Panthers have to offer. Maybe Greg Olsen and/or Chris Samuel?

Bridgewater is on a one year deal. Panthers aren't giving up their best receiving weapon in Olsen for a back up QB. 

Any team that trades for Bridgewater will give up a late round pick that's it 

Archived