What team do you think would trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

DoleINGout

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I can’t see a team parting with anything more than a conditional 6th rounder let alone Greg Olsen.

I think Greg Olsen has talked about retiring after this season so the value wouldn’t be so high but if he likes the Jets and Sam Darnold he could end up changing his mind and stick around another year or two. Jets get a good veteran tight end though a GM that has gone after veterans before and the Panthers get a QB in Bridgewater I guess if their season sucks and Newton doesn’t elevate anymore or gets injured again.

15 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

For the Jets to part ways with Bridgewater to the Pats in a trade, I think this is one of the costs. I don’t think it’s a net gain for the Pats until next season unless Brady is injured when Bridgewater is acquired.

Still  nuts. Bridgewater hasn't shown anything since his injury, is on a one year deal, and likely won't get an opportunity this season. He's not currently a franchise QB. Trading the team's best defensive player for a backup QB on a one year deal is crazy. 

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Still  nuts. Bridgewater hasn't shown anything since his injury, is on a one year deal, and likely won't get an opportunity this season. He's not currently a franchise QB. Trading the team's best defensive player for a backup QB on a one year deal is crazy. 

Difference of evaluation on Teddy Bridgewater then, because I see a lot of encouraging signs that reassure me he is a franchise QB.

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Difference of evaluation on Teddy Bridgewater then, because I see a lot of encouraging signs that reassure me he is a franchise QB.

8 throws in the preseason opener really did it for you?

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

8 throws in the preseason opener really did it for you?

It’s the only preseason he has since being injured but I base my opinion off of the practice he’s put in since joining the Jets and all of the reports since bein cleared by the Vikings last season. The time that has passed, what I watched, what I know he did before his injury, and where he’s at in his career from a motivation standpoint all win me over. I think he could easily start for the Patriots for the next five seasons and carry them into the playoffs each season. Beyond that I have faith but prefer not to look much further yet.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

It’s the only preseason he has since being injured but I base my opinion off of the practice he’s put in since joining the Jets and all of the reports since bein cleared by the Vikings last season. The time that has passed, what I watched, what I know he did before his injury, and where he’s at in his career from a motivation standpoint all win me over. I think he could easily start for the Patriots for the next five seasons and carry them into the playoffs each season. Beyond that I have faith but prefer not to look much further yet.

giphy.gif

Just now, DoleINGout said:

@Forge and we are also talking about Teddy Bridgewater, the former first round pick who is in the prime of his career and as motivated as ever.

That can be said about quite a few quarterbacks. Blake Bortles. Ryan Tannehill. Paxton Lynch. Winston & Mariota. All are first round picks, all in the prime of their careers, and there is no reason whatsoever to say that Bridgewater is any more or less motivated than any of them. Are you bullish on all of them? 

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Bridgewater, even when healthy, was never much more than an average QB.      Looking good in the preseason against largely backups and vanilla defenses isnt going to raise his stock much.   No one is going to trade much for him, especially on a one year deal when they could just try to sign him in the offseason.     

Ben said he wants to play 3-4 more years and we just drafted Mason Rudolph.    Not saying Rudolph will amount to anything, but the Steelers arent going to have any interest in Teddy anytime soon.        Only way I see a team trading for Teddy is if some teams starting QB goes down, and even then, I doubt any team gives up more than a 4th,

My guess is Teddy stays on with the Jets this year and then draws interest from teams like the Bengals, Pats and Jags next offseason,

The stats in preseason may not mean much, but the fact that he can take a hit and get back up means a lot. The fact that he changed his footwork to avoid unnecessary hits/get the ball out quicker like Brady means a lot.

Its the little stuff that won't show up on the stat sheet that will drive Bridgewater's value.

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The stats in preseason may not mean much, but the fact that he can take a hit and get back up means a lot. The fact that he changed his footwork to avoid unnecessary hits/get the ball out quicker like Brady means a lot.

Its the little stuff that won't show up on the stat sheet that will drive Bridgewater's value.

I think being on the field and playing well and producing is what will drive his value. If he's not on the field and Darnold wins that job, he's not going to have "real" value. If he's not playing, that other stuff doesn't mean much

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

That can be said about quite a few quarterbacks. Blake Bortles. Ryan Tannehill. Paxton Lynch. Winston & Mariota. All are first round picks, all in the prime of their careers, and there is no reason whatsoever to say that Bridgewater is any more or less motivated than any of them. Are you bullish on all of them? 

Aside from Lynch, I like them all as starters. Bridgewater just fits the Patriots the best. Reminds me of Tom Brady a lot.

15 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

The one or two hits really sold you on his durability?

I’ve seen Bradford play a whole season and that dude’s knees are made of wet tissue paper. I loved Bridgewater and still hope he proves everyone wrong, but the fact that he’s healed and did well on a drive in the preseason proves about...zilch. He needs to be on the field in games that matter and play well before he’s worth anything more than a late rounder, let alone players like Olsen or Hightower.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

My guess is Teddy stays on with the Jets this year and then draws interest from teams like the Bengals, Pats and Jags next offseason,

If this were the case, the Pats would be the clear head and shoulders favorite above the Bengals and Jaguars. I would be thrilled with this scenario.??

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think being on the field and playing well and producing is what will drive his value. If he's not on the field and Darnold wins that job, he's not going to have "real" value. If he's not playing, that other stuff doesn't mean much

I don't think there is any question that he can still play. He just needs to knock off from rust.

In most cases I would agree with you, but his case should be considered something unique.

Archived