What team do you think would trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

DoleINGout

I'm pretty shocked at some of the valuations here, for a backup QB, who hasn't take game action snaps in over 2 years, and who was average at best when healthy.
Conditional 6th rounder from a desperate team would be a possible return during the preseason.
If he actually starts a regular season game and plays well, the compensation can go up.

I think Teddy could be interesting in TB or Cincinnati.  The Bucs could use him to hedge their Jameis Winston bet and maybe humble him a bit by bringing in a serious rival for his job.  Meanwhile, the Bengals are going no where with Dalton so Teddy could be a transitional option for them.  I personally am still not sold on Teddy actually being a starter in this league but he’s shown enough to at least have an opportunity to compete.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:11 PM, raidersedge said:

He's a starting QB IMO. If he was with say the Cards or Bills all camp he would be their starting QB, no doubt in my mind.

Problem is neither the bills nor the cardinals had interest in him. Arizona wanted Sam Bradford and Bills wanted Aj McCarron. 

The fact that no one has come in to pick him up already and no one outside of the Jets organization went after him during free agency shows his stock is low and at best would get a day 3 pick or a back up player at another position. His value may be best just staying with the jets in case Darnold goes down or hasnt shown he is capable to start week 1. 

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's OverTheCap with their breakdown of potential landing spots for Teddy, including Dallas, Seattle, , N.O, NYG and several others

https://overthecap.com/potential-teddy-bridgewater-trade-destinations

I like the NYG landing spot for him. Eli is in the end of his career and could be the heir after this season or if Eli went down. Giants have an incredible running back and wr’s. Seems like the best fit or beat out Dalton in Cincinnati. Giants make good sense for him.

Jags should trade for him, he won't cost anymore than a 3rd round pick. If Bortles struggles, you have Teddy. Bridgewater has more potential than Bortles IMO, I was a big fan of Carr, Teddy, and Jimmy G in that draft class and thought Bortles was the 4th best prospect. To be honest Teddy was my favorite QB prospect, slightly more than Carr. Very slightly, about a tie. 

Teddy with a creative and proven coordinator, right system and protection, and warm weather or dome, he still has potential to be a Top 10 QB. 

If i'm a betting man, I say at this point he probably spends his career as a very solid and capable backup. However, if I was a team like the Jags, a Super Bowl contender with a very average QB, i'd have no problem surrending a 3rd round pick for the "what if" factor. Not to mention, insurance if Bortles goes down. 

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jags should trade for him, he won't cost anymore than a 3rd round pick. If Bortles struggles, you have Teddy. Bridgewater has more potential than Bortles IMO, I was a big fan of Carr, Teddy, and Jimmy G in that draft class and thought Bortles was the 4th best prospect. To be honest Teddy was my favorite QB prospect, slightly more than Carr. Very slightly, about a tie. 

Teddy with a creative and proven coordinator, right system and protection, and warm weather or dome, he still has potential to be a Top 10 QB. 

If i'm a betting man, I say at this point he probably spends his career as a very solid and capable backup. However, if I was a team like the Jags, a Super Bowl contender with a very average QB, i'd have no problem surrending a 3rd round pick for the "what if" factor. Not to mention, insurance if Bortles goes down. 

They aren’t interested.

They didn’t like Teddy coming out of college apparently and why would they have interest now after a significant knee injury?

He hasn’t thrown for a TD since week 16 in 2015.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

@Gannon12 Bridgewater played with the Giants head coach just last year, 'member? Connection there also.

Forgot about that thanks! I think it would be a perfect fit as well. Too many people writing him off. If given a chance especially with that cast. He should thrive well.

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

They aren’t interested.

They didn’t like Teddy coming out of college apparently and why would they have interest now after a significant knee injury?

He hasn’t thrown for a TD since week 16 in 2015.

For a mid to late round pick at least you will have a QB that can throw if you did the trade.

Archived