What team do you think would trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

DoleINGout

21 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

While completing 57% of his passes.  Great job not turning the ball over but he's still a liability and will likely be the reason you guys don't make the superbowl.  With a lights out defense in tack for who knows how much longer there's no better time than now to go all in.  Not saying Teddy is the answer but I'm pretty sure Bortles isn't.

We need checkdown Teddy to lead us to a SB.

Lets go all in baby.

A guy with 28 TD’s/21 INT’s in his career (while throwing his last TD in 2015), some call him the checkdown king, while suffering a significant knee Injury is going to lead the Jags to the SB.

his completion % has always been inflated due to short passes

You probably don't need me to tell you that he often targeted receivers on shorter throws, but here you go anyway: Of his 447 attempts that weren't throwaways or batted passes, 60.2 percent traveled less than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage, including 16.1 percent thrown behind the line.

source: startribune.com

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

A guy with 28 TD’s/21 INT’s in his career (while throwing his last TD in 2015), some call him the checkdown king, while suffering a significant knee Injury is going to lead the Jags to the SB.

You probably don't need me to tell you that he often targeted receivers on shorter throws, but here you go anyway: Of his 447 attempts that weren't throwaways or batted passes, 60.2 percent traveled less than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage, including 16.1 percent thrown behind the line.

He's no Dan Fouts when it comes to deep passes, but he is far from a check down king.  He does very well on intermediate-range passes too.  You have to take the numbers with a grain of salt because the offensive line he was dealing with was absolutely horrible.  Whoever gives him a chance will be very happy with their decision.  I think he can be an excellent starting NFL quarterback in the right situation.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

While completing 57% of his passes.  Great job not turning the ball over but he's still a liability and will likely be the reason you guys don't make the superbowl.  With a lights out defense in tack for who knows how much longer there's no better time than now to go all in.  Not saying Teddy is the answer but I'm pretty sure Bortles isn't.

Exactly, at least with Bridgewater they have a solid backup option. Riding or dying with a very average, if that, Blake Bortles while you are a top Super Bowl contender is a horrible strategy. If im the Jags I would love to have Bridgewater on my squad. 

59 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Maybe Bortles could learn a thing or two.  Get ball in the hands of your playmakers and move the chains for your good RB and elite defense. 

Easy to box score watch but he played some of his best games in the biggest games. Balled put against Seattle, played a big role in the W against PIT and getting out to that early lead that helped us preserve it when Big Ben went god mode, and most definitely played well in the NE game only to have that Myles Jack fumble fiasco and conservative playcalling cost us a SB appearence.

Say what you want, but the guy played like a solid game manager last year with a pretty brutal supporting cast. When you ask Blake to do what he did (manage the game), the supporting cast being what it was isn't ideal.

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Maybe Bortles could learn a thing or two.  Get ball in the hands of your playmakers and move the chains for your good RB and elite defense. 

Yeah, playmakers being a 33 yr old TE with no speed, injured Fournette, UDFA Keelan Cole, and 4th Rd pick Dede Westbrook who was out til past midseason...

So many playmakers to play with I tell ya...

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, playmakers being a 33 yr old TE with no speed, injured Fournette, UDFA Keelan Cole, and 4th Rd pick Dede Westbrook who was out til past midseason...

So many playmakers to play with I tell ya...

why you leaving out marquise lee? and regardless if cole was drafted or not he played pretty well.

i like bortles and think hes atleast average and could be above average. but dont downplay others to try and prop him up.

38 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why you leaving out marquise lee? and regardless if cole was drafted or not he played pretty well.

i like bortles and think hes atleast average and could be above average. but dont downplay others to try and prop him up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Marqise led the league in drops. He is talented but he had some serious issues last year and has most of his career.

Cole was definitely solid last year, but he had his share of rookie mistakes and took sometime to catch on. Started to break out more at the end of the year.

I would hope we'd have some level of talent, I'm just saying it was definitely lacking which usually isn't a recipe for success when you are having your QB be a game manager. Hard to rely on the guys you mentioned and guys I mentioned to make plays themselves.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

And they had Hurns last year too.  Bortles had enough weapons last year to be successful.   

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Which is exactly the kind of QB you need since you don't have access to a top 10 one. He doesn't turn it over, and while he might not be the best deep ball guy in football, Bortles hasn't fared a ton better outside of his 2015 season, he makes enough plays to keep the offense moving, I'm assuming still has enough mobility to get a first down or two with his legs, and will let the run game do it's thing.

He's a bit below Elway of the 98 Broncos, a lot better than Dilfer of the 00 Ravens, he's a bit better than Collins of the 08 Titans, he's on par with McNair of the 00 Titans..those are the type of teams this Jag team can emulate(In the case of the Broncos your defense will, assuming it stays on par, will be better than the 98 Broncos to make up for the bit of a gap between Elway and Bridgewater). Great defense, potentially great run game assuming the o-line gels with Norwell(which should happen, but as someone who watch Andy Levitre flop, it does have the potential to go bad), and a QB who doesn't lose you the game and can make the occasional throw to keep the defense honest.

Bortles on a good day does that, but the problem with Bortles is he has far too many bad days, and his bad days aren't just bad, they're down right putrid. Bortles' bad days will be the difference between a 10-6 team and a 12-4/13-3 one, much like his games against Arizona and Tennessee(more so the 2nd game than the first, the first wasn't entirely his fault, but he was still pretty mediocre in that game) kept the Jags out of a first round bye last season.

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

And they had Hurns last year too.  Bortles had enough weapons last year to be successful.   

Hurns sucks. The best thing he did last year in the 10 games he played in was crawl off the field against the Chargers so we didn’t get a 10 second runoff. The only thing Marqise was good for is crossing routes. He gave the game to the Jets last season.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Hurns sucks. The best thing he did last year in the 10 games he played in was crawl off the field against the Chargers so we didn’t get a 10 second runoff. The only thing Marqise was good for is crossing routes. He gave the game to the Jets last season.

Funny he was probably pretty good in 2015 when Bortles was throwing the ball all over the place while going over 1K.  

Allen Hurns, who was either hurt or playing hobbled every game.

You can't be serious.

Either way, Blake was indeed solid last year. He also happens to be one of the best and most efficient running QBs in NFL history. I believe I saw a stat putting him top 5 with a large number of minimum attempts. He was also statistically one of the best redzone QBs in football this past season.

But harp on him because of completion percentage, even with the large amount of youth/lack of weapons (including the WR who led the NFL in drops) to cater to your argument.

Archived