Fear the Walking Dead Thread

Bucketheadsdad

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Why was dude in the El Camino acting all super-casual while unarmed around Nick? He clearly knew he was upset about something and seemed not at all perturbed.

Seems to be The Vulture way. When have we seen them not act so casual? Either that or his confidence in a situation we may not know about gave him a false sense of security. Still a lot of unknowns about this group.

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Either that or his confidence in a situation we may not know about gave him a false sense of security.

This must be the case.. I like how the story is unfolding this season. Well done.

Although I'll sprinkle in some criticism with the praise: the scene where Nick sneaks up on the vulture, swings out his knife, is blocked - COMMERCIAL BREAK 9_9

Edited by cddolphin

30 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

This must be the case.. I like how the story is unfolding this season. Well done.

Although I'll sprinkle in some criticism with the praise: the scene where Nick sneaks up on the vulture, swings out his knife, is blocked - COMMERCIAL BREAK 9_9

That is what the advertisers want.  They want viewers to stay and watch the commercial so as not to miss the program when it returns.  That is more of an advertiser saying we want viewers to be watching our ads, not running to the bathroom.

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

My criticism comes in the form of. What kind of battery was in that truck they used to pull? How did they get it started without bleeding the lines? What kind of diesel can sit that long and remain usable? Who cuts the grass at all these stops they make?  I over look it as I wouldnt guess some geek writers would know such things. But still get a kick out of such when I see it.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

My criticism comes in the form of. What kind of battery was in that truck they used to pull? How did they get it started without bleeding the lines? What kind of diesel can sit that long and remain usable? Who cuts the grass at all these stops they make?  I over look it as I wouldnt guess some geek writers would know such things. But still get a kick out of such when I see it.

Gas should've stopped being viable like 6 months after the apocalypse but I just gotta let that one go. 

Not a bad followup to a major death. Getting everything set and in order for 2 huge storylines to unfold. Slow paced episode, but enjoy theyre building up to some big things and not rushing through it to do so.

Loved when that nurse pulled out that pistol.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:28 PM, JTagg7754 said:

Another great episode. Not a huge fan of the slow progression of the story but I loved how it was filmed. Did a fantastic job. So far, this is one of the best seasons.

I'm fine with the pace so far. It's really building the tension to the "confrontation" (quotes because I/we don't actually know what happens). Now this can obviously change and go too long (Saviors story arc in TWD) but it's too early for that right now.

12 hours ago, mse326 said:

I'm fine with the pace so far. It's really building the tension to the "confrontation" (quotes because I/we don't actually know what happens). Now this can obviously change and go too long (Saviors story arc in TWD) but it's too early for that right now.

What I feel like this show is doing is learning from tWD's mistakes. I don't think we'll see a two season Governor again or a two season Saviors. I didn't put it into context that this show came after a major, major death so I guess they did need to have an episode that served as tension/filler. There was some progression so it wasn't a complete halt. The way it was directed and edited was fantastic though. They have really done a great job w/ this show especially considering how meh season 1 was as well as the ranch in Mexico (Greene farm). Once they left there, this show has been moving fast in the right direction.

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

They have really done a great job w/ this show especially considering how meh season 1 was as well as the ranch in Mexico (Greene farm). Once they left there, this show has been moving fast in the right direction.

I thought the ranch gave us some of the most interesting characters, I'm glad they were killed off before they got boring though. I was a big fan of the guy Madison killed.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

John is awesome. Great episode learning about him. Wish we would move forward with the story but I get it, we needed some info on them. Looks like we'll get to moving forward next week.

That about sums it up for me too. Really liking the John character and what hes made of. Fun change of pace episode.

37 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Is it ok for me to start watching from season 4 if I just started watching because of Morgan?

I wouldn't. You'll be ruining a good show if you do. I'd watch from the beginning if you're a fan of the original series. It starts out slow but really picks up and is now steamrolling right ahead. IMO, it surpassed tWD a while ago.

• Like 1