Fear the Walking Dead Thread

Bucketheadsdad

34 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

It was a rifle.

It's funny, after the opening scene I was saying to myself, "Man, this John character is really growing on me, might be my current favorite." Then..bang. C'mon!!

My wife and I said the same thing. I loved his introduction to the show and his episode by himself was great!! There's no way he can be dead.... .no way.......

20 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

My wife and I said the same thing. I loved his introduction to the show and his episode by himself was great!! There's no way he can be dead.... .no way.......

I love the way he talks. He's also a great archetype of "speak softly but carry a big stick"

Getting shot in the left side of his chest is a bad sign, but it's TV, so..

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

That last episode was so confusing.  I think I have it figured out, but am looking forward to them finally syncing the timelines.

Yeah, I agree. I just hate we already know the outcome before they get to it. I'm still wildly interested and I feel this show is one of my favorites on TV right now but I've seen shows edited like this and it's something I've never been a fan of. Still happy w/ it overall...... except if John dies, then I'll be pissed.

• Like 1

S1 was so bad I gave up on the show.  TWD has been so bad though I gave this a shot and started watching S2 about 10 days ago.   Just caught up.  There must be a rule that only 1 WD show can be great.   I’m floored at how good S3 & S4 have been it’s not even close how much better it is than TWD the last 2 years.  I’m gutted that Nick is gone but the show not being afraid to knock out main characters is a big plus.  

What separates S4 is how good the new characters are.  We all knew Morgan would be awesome but Althea, John and Naomi are amazing.  And the dark turn that Alicia has taken is just top notch character development.   Pitting the new guys vs. Clarks vs. Vultures is terrific.   I won’t lie as much as I love Alicia I’m pulling for the new guys.   I do hope they remain for a good run.  Their dynamic with the regulars in the Clark clan infuses so much energy and offers so many story angles for S4-5.   Don’t die John!  

P.S. That SWAT truck rocks.  

Edited by Broncofan

The directors and writers of this show are great. The story while showing Madison dying was excellent IMO. Alecia's dialogue had me completely captivated. The glorifying of some parts were a little cheesy but overall, I thought it was great. This show great. I hope the pace keeps up. Now we need a new antagonist it seems. Nothing left of the Vultures so the next half should give us someone new. What about this show getting all GoTesque??? Killing off two huge characters in the span of 5 episodes?? Whew. 

And John is good <-- Most important part.

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

The directors and writers of this show are great. The story while showing Madison dying was excellent IMO. Alecia's dialogue had me completely captivated. The glorifying of some parts were a little cheesy but overall, I thought it was great. This show great. I hope the pace keeps up. Now we need a new antagonist it seems. Nothing left of the Vultures so the next half should give us someone new. What about this show getting all GoTesque??? Killing off two huge characters in the span of 5 episodes?? Whew. 

And John is good <-- Most important part.

I've enjoyed Alicia's descent, and Madison's death scene (if she really is dead lol - remember, we've had that fake out before, so I only believe she's gone when I see the death happen like it did with Nick).   I also enjoyed the stadium fight scene, with Morgan's line "I stood aside for Nick, I won't stand aside for you".   Althea's backstory made more sense now - and given she travels around that area, it made sense that Madison & she would have crossed paths (and that Madison would have too ashamed of how it started to bring her up again) - it was very good to explain how Madison changed back to believing in others through Althea.   Those were the big highlights.   

The rest of the ep (especially since they made it longer this week by 10 mins), though, wasn't up to S3/S4 standards.   Some of the scenes were too drawn out, and the big reveal about Norah/June was that she left early?   Kinda lame to put all that blame on her alone.    Overall, the impact of a midseason finale, especially with getting extra airtime, just wasn't as dramatic as we've seen the last season and a half.

I didn't think the Vultures were that terrifying, especially after 4.07, so no problem with their chapter closing.   TWD could take a page about not prolonging an arc too much.   I'm glad John made it, and the dynamic with the Clark & the new crew should be great in part 2 of S4. 

Honestly, I think this would be about 6th/7th out of the 8 eps this year - S3 & S4 have just set such a high bar.   Not that it was awful, but for the extra 10 minutes, I was thinking we'd get more impact than we did.   Still, John survived, and they tidied up the Vultures arc and now we can have both groups interact together all the time instead of in separate arcs (something that really killed TWD when it focused on ppl we really didn't care about), which should be great.  Can't wait for August!

• Like 1

Wow, what a big "reveal" on Talking Dead.  As many of you know, they have an audience member to ask a question, and they asked what was Kim Dickens' next project.  

She said that she is very confident that they're going to start filming the "Deadwood" movie this winter.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Man, I really didn't like that episode. Super drawn-out, excessive unnecessary slow-mo, over-dramatic dialogue. Disappointed.

Thing was, they could have fit that ep easily into the regular ep format.   You get 10 more mins, you don't use filler like they did - or fail to deliver a more powerful ending.   Norah/June just ran away with the rest of the stadium crowd (although she tried to convince them to stay, to be fair), that's the big reveal?    Such a lack of payoff there.   Althea's backstory was nice and necessary, but they could have trimmed 2-3 mins easy.   The whole scenes with Madison apologizing to Norah/June for taking down the wood planks?  Cut.   And so on.  

Morgan vs. Alicia in the stadium was awesome.    Althea's story was necessary.   The stadium battle and end scene were great.   But instead of packing in more development and impact, we got 10-15 minutes of pure filler.   It won't go down as a terrible episode IMO, but like I said one of the worst of an excellent S3/S4 (so far) run.

• 2 months later...

I've really enjoyed season 4B so far. This past episode with Alicia and Charlie stuck in the house was great. Best acting Alycia Debnym-Carey has done on the show.

I also seem to be in a minority that loves the Charlie character. First "villian" that seems real. Every action she has taken to me is completely believable and not born out of pure evil or psychopathy.

10 hours ago, mse326 said:

I've really enjoyed season 4B so far. This past episode with Alicia and Charlie stuck in the house was great. Best acting Alycia Debnym-Carey has done on the show.

I also seem to be in a minority that loves the Charlie character. First "villian" that seems real. Every action she has taken to me is completely believable and not born out of pure evil or psychopathy.

Alycia posted on her IG that this episode was really emotional for her and I saw why. Definitely agree it was her best acting. She was fantastic. Can't agree w/ Charlie though. It had to be someone since Frank wanted to leave but she will always be the one that killed Nick and for the reason, she needs to die lol.

• 1 month later...