Jaguars Suspend Jalen Ramsey For 1 Week Over Disdain For Media

TitanLegend

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

The good ole "just shut up and play ball". Gotta love it.

Even with him being a division rival, I always find a cocky player a bit refreshing(of course if they can back it up which Ramsey does). It makes games and matchups that much more interesting for me, especially since he plays within the division.

As will the media for the very same reason. What once may have been a mundane, run of the mill game now has some talking points.

Really interested to see how the Jags do this year. The team, especially the defence, seem to be extremely confident about the season and probably have every right to be.

Even though they're a division rival, if the Jags won the Super Bowl I wouldn't mind. Would be something different to see a new champion in the AFC amongst the usual names.

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

When he wins something...like a Super Bowl or Defensive Player of the Year he can talk.

I can't roll my eyes hard enough for this one...

He made it to the AFCCG and was a part of a team that went toe to toe with Brady in Foxborough in the playoffs. A team that hadn't been to the playoffs in 10 years prior to that year.

You can keep cherry picking your argument on why he can/can't talk, but it just looks ridiculous.

He was arguably the best corner in the NFL and on arguably the best defense in the NFL. He just went to the AFC Championship game. He can talk all he wants. If you don't like it, fine, but he most definitely has gotten to the point where he can say whatever he wants. He is that good.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You literally said he trashes rookies and QBs he doesn't have to play...

And I literally just said I am going off of what showtime quoted. Which of those QBs that he talked about don't apply here? There was no mention of Big Ben. 

Just now, Cheesehawk said:

And I literally just said I am going off of what showtime quoted. Which of those QBs that he talked about don't apply here? There was no mention of Big Ben. 

Why the heck would you base your entire observation on a few guys @showtime listed? Read the article.

He missed Big Been in his list. He wasn't at all wrong about any of the others. Doesn't change the fact he did indeed call out a guy he plays and plays plenty. He also called out Flacco (as showtime mentions) who he played last year and has played plenty.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I can't roll my eyes hard enough for this one...

He made it to the AFCCG and was a part of a team that went toe to toe with Brady in Foxborough in the playoffs. A team that hadn't been to the playoffs in 10 years prior to that year.

You can keep cherry picking your argument on why he can/can't talk, but it just looks ridiculous.

He was arguably the best corner in the NFL and on arguably the best defense in the NFL. He just went to the AFC Championship game. He can talk all he wants. If you don't like it, fine, but he most definitely has gotten to the point where he can say whatever he wants. He is that good.

I was just getting ready to respond but you hit the nail on the head. Honestly, if he did win DPOY or a Super Bowl, people would still complain about him talking too much.

This all sounds similar to the things said about Richard Sherman back in 2012.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Why the heck would you base your entire observation on a few guys @showtime listed? Read the article.

He missed Big Been in his list. He wasn't at all wrong about any of the others. Doesn't change the fact he did indeed call out a guy he plays and plays plenty. He also called out Flacco (as showtime mentions) who he played last year and has played plenty.

Because it was ridiculous enough not including Big Ben. 

You're gonna tell me the guy who hypes up Mariota and Tyrod Taylor and in the same breath has negative things to say about Matt Ryan and Ben isn't a clown? 

He aint wrong about Flacco so we can let that one slide. 

3 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Because it was ridiculous enough not including Big Ben. 

You're gonna tell me the guy who hypes up Mariota and Tyrod Taylor and in the same breath has negative things to say about Matt Ryan and Ben isn't a clown? 

He aint wrong about Flacco so we can let that one slide. 

He didn't prop up Tyrod and Mariota. He said Tyrod is better than he's given credit for and Mariota fits the Titans system really well. Neither kill their teams in games and are conservative.

He never said Ben or Ryan were bad. He said Ryan is overrated and fell off when his OC left (not wrong). He played Big Ben twice last year, and in one of the games got him to talk reiteement afterwards. Then went up to Pittsburgh again and beat them when they we're the heavy favorites. Just because he says he wasn't that impressed doesn't mean he's calling him bad. He's consistently heralded as a top 5'ish QB in the game. Jalen didn't come away feeling that.

As far as Ramsey himself goes, I don't ever recall him getting into any trouble off the field.  Lets be careful about labeling someone a 'piece of crap' just because they voice their opinion on players that they play against when there are actually athletes who are bad people off the field.

Archived