Jaguars Suspend Jalen Ramsey For 1 Week Over Disdain For Media

TitanLegend

When the Jaguars inquired with Vikings coach Mike Zimmer this spring about a joint workout, it’s as if he could see into the future.

Zimmer: “When they called me, I just expressed my concerns that I don’t want this to be a fight or anything like this. The biggest thing is what we want to do is we want to get work done against a good team. So it’s important that our guys know that we’re not going to put up with any trash talking. We’re not going to put up with any fighting. We’re not here for that. We’re here to get better. Whoever they bring, they bring, and if they don’t, they don’t. We’re just going to go out and try to improve. Their defense is very similar to a lot of the defenses that we’re going to face this year schematically, so I think that will be good, especially for our offense. And then they’re a downhill power running team.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/14/mike-zimmer-told-jaguars-months-ago-he-didnt-want-a-fight/

Seems like there is a trend to the type of QB Ramsey likes and doesn't like. I mean everyone likes Brady and Rodgers. 

Usually isn't a good idea to trash other QBs, never know who might end up on your team. I'm sure he thinks the world of Bortles, ironically.

Ramsey isn't wrong about most of those statements in the GQ article.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:21 PM, Matts4313 said:

Better than Hue who punished a player by giving him more snaps in their preseason game. How is that any punishment at all?

Players don't want to play in the preseason. It was akin to basically giving a guy whose guaranteed a roster spot additional conditioning as a punishment. I would argue that forcing a player to miss a PRESEASON game isn't actually punishment, but a reward. Now he doesn't have to risk injury for literally nothing.

22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

???

I love this man. TC and Caldwell better never let Jalen leave Duval.

His quote about Flacco is funny as hell to me.  "Flacco sucks.  I played him two years in a row.   He sucks."

I mean, he's not wrong.

Archived