Jaguars Suspend Jalen Ramsey For 1 Week Over Disdain For Media

TitanLegend

14 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

This all sounds similar to the things said about Richard Sherman back in 2012.

It’s exactly the same. Jalen is a bit more outspoken than Sherman, but they all said the same things about Richard Sherman despite him winning a Super Bowl.

Evergreen. 

I actually don't have a problem with this sort of talk, it's not like he was pointlessly rude or talking trash.

Obviously, there's an argument for always being polite and always taking the company line - describe every opponent as an "excellent player" and say "we're just focusing on us right now" etc etc. But there's nothing wrong with being honest. He was asked questions and responded honestly, giving his reasonsing. He wasn't going out there and airing personal greivances, or attacking big name players just for the headlines.

Ryan DOES have something to prove now Shanahan has gone. Flacco DOES suck. Big Ben has been relying on force-feeding Brown. These are a valid opinions to express.

23 hours ago, showtime said:

As far as Ramsey himself goes, I don't ever recall him getting into any trouble off the field.  Lets be careful about labeling someone a 'piece of crap' just because they voice their opinion on players that they play against when there are actually athletes who are bad people off the field.

I agree. He didn't talk of these people as human. He not judging their character. He trash talking rival players. Nothing wrong with it. I don't agree with everything he said but I like he said it. I like that he getting players and fans in their feelings. That makes things interesting. 

19 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I mean, I'm not sure how this corresponds to this meaning Stafford is good/Ramsey has to talk highly of him because we lost a game against the Lions when the incompetent Gus Bradley was our HC and we were an awful football team.

I think Stafford is good personally, but again, not sure how this means anything as far as Ramsey's rankings being off.

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, I'm not sure how this corresponds to this meaning Stafford is good/Ramsey has to talk highly of him because we lost a game against the Lions when the incompetent Gus Bradley was our HC and we were an awful football team.

I think Stafford is good personally, but again, not sure how this means anything as far as Ramsey's rankings being off.

I don't think was posted trying to argue his rankings.

This is an example of the target and attention he brought to the Jags. Ya know how guys like OBJ, Dez, Sherman have all that extra attention on them because they can't keep their mouths shut? Welcome to the club. Too many eyes on these guys. Everything he does will now be scrutinized. 

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Just thought it was funny, nothing more. 

I will admit i think he may have gone too far and guys that sort of go out of their way to talk put a target on his back but at least he had something to say that wasn't the vanilla response. I think we have a strong enough and veteran locker room to where this shouldn't be a big deal. It 1000% puts the spotlight on Ramsey but maybe that isn't so bad for the team. He thrives under pressure and wants to take on any and every challenge. He said some things that everyone here believes anyway or we may have even had threads started about them. People bashing Josh Allen, thinking Matt Ryan is overrated for years outside the SB run, to say Luck sucks might be a stretch but i'd put him in the overrated category just since people still think of him as the next Peyton Manning. Honestly the only ones I dont agree with is that Cousins isn't a winner, Goff isn't average and Ben is better than decent. To his credit, he also gave some serious props to guys that have played very little like Wentz, Watson and Carr

Archived