Preseason, Week 2: Jaguars (0-1) at Vikings (1-0)

gopherwrestler

Not completely on topic, but this Jags team is pretty darned good, other than at the QB spot... being as unbiased about being a Vikings fan as I can be, I really want Coughlin to make a trade for Bridgewater. This would be a great situation for him, and when Bortles struggles, which I am sure he will, Teddy could probably easily step in a take over.

When the Jaguars inquired with Vikings coach Mike Zimmer this spring about a joint workout, it’s as if he could see into the future.

Zimmer: “When they called me, I just expressed my concerns that I don’t want this to be a fight or anything like this. The biggest thing is what we want to do is we want to get work done against a good team. So it’s important that our guys know that we’re not going to put up with any trash talking. We’re not going to put up with any fighting. We’re not here for that. We’re here to get better. Whoever they bring, they bring, and if they don’t, they don’t. We’re just going to go out and try to improve. Their defense is very similar to a lot of the defenses that we’re going to face this year schematically, so I think that will be good, especially for our offense. And then they’re a downhill power running team.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/14/mike-zimmer-told-jaguars-months-ago-he-didnt-want-a-fight/

14 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I honestly thought Blaine Gabbert would be something after that game. Same with Ponder..

Hope both teams come out with no injuries!

Something...that's about right...he was going to be something...something warming the bench.  I never understood why he was drafted as high as he was...he wasn't even all that impressive at Mizzou.  

30 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Something...that's about right...he was going to be something...something warming the bench.  I never understood why he was drafted as high as he was...he wasn't even all that impressive at Mizzou.  

6’5”, big arm, athletic, and flowing locks of blonde hair. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I guess that's what happens when you only look at measurables and completely discount actual performance.  

You will always have coaches with the go that they can coach/fix anything. And there will always be those personnel evaluators who fall in love with traits over talent. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:49 AM, NorthCountryEvo said:

Not completely on topic, but this Jags team is pretty darned good, other than at the QB spot... being as unbiased about being a Vikings fan as I can be, I really want Coughlin to make a trade for Bridgewater. This would be a great situation for him, and when Bortles struggles, which I am sure he will, Teddy could probably easily step in a take over.

I have no desire to see Jacksonville be good. I hope they fall flat on their face with or without Teddy.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

I have no desire to see Jacksonville be good. I hope they fall flat on their face with or without Teddy.

Is it because of Coughlin and Marrone?  Or for another reason?  I don't have any vested interest in whether Jacksonville is good or not.  I don't really care one way or the other.  

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Is it because of Coughlin and Marrone?  Or for another reason?  I don't have any vested interest in whether Jacksonville is good or not.  I don't really care one way or the other.  

Ramsey annoys me right now. I feel like Tom Coughlin had his chance in the last 90's. I grew up there any have no desire to hear old friends brag about their team.

Well, he's gonna annoy you more now....

Among the quarterbacks Ramsey isn’t high on are Buffalo’s Josh Allen, Baltimore’s Joe Flacco, Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger and Atlanta’s Matt Ryan.

“I think Allen is trash,” Ramsey told GQ. “I don’t care what nobody say. He’s trash. And it’s gonna show too. That’s a stupid draft pick to me.

“Flacco sucks. I played him two years in a row. He sucks,” Ramsey said. 

“Big Ben, I think he’s decent at best,” Ramsey said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/15/jalen-ramsey-josh-allen-is-trash-flacco-sucks-big-ben-is-decent-matt-ryan-overrated/

And he goes on further.  What is trying to do, get himself suspended for 6 weeks?

Archived