Predict the 53 - Update Page 3

MKnight82

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

This is how I see it. 

Havent followed it much but I think they like Catalina more than Kalis- neither is very good so I hope we trade for a better LG and they may decide to go with 8 OL to start the season

i hope they get rid of good or McGee and just keep 4 DE’s since Payne and settle can give you more than old timers hood or McGee 

id keep spaight at ILB

i know I may be swimming against the current here but this isn’t a very good roster. The defense looks better but I think we are going to score lots of field goals when we need touchdowns 

So. 

QB: Smith, McCoy, Hogan

RB: Perine, Thompson, Kelley, Bibbs

WR: Doctson, Richardson, Crowder, Mo Harris, Cam Sims, Trey Quinn

TE: Reed, Davis, Sprinkle

LT: Williams, Christian

LG: Lauvao, Catalina

C: Rouillier, Bergstrom

RG: Scherff, Kalis

RT: Moses, Nsekhe

DE: Allen, Ioannidis, Hood, Lanier 

DT: Payne, Settle

OLB: Kerrigan, Smith, McPhee, Anderson

ILB: Brown, Foster, Hamilton, Spaight, Vigil, Fernandez

CB: Norman, Dunbar, Moreau, Stroman, Alexander, Johnson

S: Swearinger, Nicholson, Apke, Everett

K: Hopkins

P: Way

LS: Sundberg

The RED guys are likely the last to make the team, in which I think the lineman makes it over a LB. 

11 minutes ago, mike23md said:

So. 

QB: Smith, McCoy, Hogan

RB: Perine, Thompson, Kelley, Bibbs

WR: Doctson, Richardson, Crowder, Mo Harris, Cam Sims, Trey Quinn

TE: Reed, Davis, Sprinkle

LT: Williams, Christian

LG: Lauvao, Catalina

C: Rouillier, Bergstrom

RG: Scherff, Kalis

RT: Moses, Nsekhe

DE: Allen, Ioannidis, Hood, Lanier 

DT: Payne, Settle

OLB: Kerrigan, Smith, McPhee, Anderson

ILB: Brown, Foster, Hamilton, Spaight, Vigil, Fernandez

CB: Norman, Dunbar, Moreau, Stroman, Alexander, Johnson

S: Swearinger, Nicholson, Apke, Everett

K: Hopkins

P: Way

LS: Sundberg

The RED guys are likely the last to make the team, in which I think the lineman makes it over a LB. 

I don’t think that Hogan makes the team. I don’t think we keep 3 QBs.

I don’t think we keep 10 OL. I think Kalis will be put on the practice squad.

Josh Harvey Clemons should make the team for sure, definitely over Fernandez.

I think JHC will play a crucial role on this team and could see time as the dime ILB in place of Brown vs pass happy offenses.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I don’t think that Hogan makes the team. I don’t think we keep 3 QBs.

Josh Harvey Clemons should make the team for sure, definitely over Fernandez.

I think JHC will play a crucial role on this team and could see time as the dime ILB in place of Brown vs pass happy offenses.

I didnt forget JHC but he didnt play at all last game so I am just leary about what he has been up to...

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

You don’t have Spaight making the team?  

I do not. I think the Spaight experiment is over. I really like him, but he is a two-down thumper and I don’t see him taking over for anyone as a starter. I like Zach Vigil over him. 

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Havent followed it much but I think they like Catalina more than Kalis- neither is very good so I hope we trade for a better LG and they may decide to go with 8 OL to start the season

i hope they get rid of good or McGee and just keep 4 DE’s since Payne and settle can give you more than old timers hood or McGee 

id keep spaight at ILB

i know I may be swimming against the current here but this isn’t a very good roster. The defense looks better but I think we are going to score lots of field goals when we need touchdowns 

They also like Kelley, which is the only reason I have Kelley on the roster. I’m not a fan of his. If Perine is healthy, he should start.

McGee should start on PUP. Not saying he will be activated, but if Settle and Payne hold down the NT spot, no reason to activate him.

See post above about Spaight. I love his instincts, but he isn’t good in coverage. 

As for the back-up OG. I think that position is so sketchy at this point one of Catalina or Kalis will be kept. I personally like Kalis, but it’s a red/green grape preference thing.

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

I didnt forget JHC but he didnt play at all last game so I am just leary about what he has been up to...

That was because of a hamstring injury. When Brown missed some practices the first and second week of training camp, JHC got starter reps next to Foster over Spaight, Vigil and the rookies.

From what I can tell, JHC is Brown’s top back up as the WILB. 

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

I do not. I think the Spaight experiment is over. I really like him, but he is a two-down thumper and I don’t see him taking over for anyone as a starter. I like Zach Vigil over him. 

Vigil is a two down thumper as well who is less athletic and less experienced in the defense. I can go either way between the two, but Spaight is the better run defender and neither is good in coverage.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Vigil is a two down thumper as well who is less athletic and less experienced in the defense. I can go either way between the two, but Spaight is the better run defender and neither is good in coverage.

I disagree about Vigil. I believe he is more well rounded than being a one dimensional two-down thumper. I don’t mind Vigil in coverage. Either way, they (Spaight or Vigil) should be viewed as our 4th ILB.

25 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I disagree about Vigil. I believe he is more well rounded than being a one dimensional two-down thumper. I don’t mind Vigil in coverage. Either way, they (Spaight or Vigil) should be viewed as our 4th ILB.

The bottom line is neither are that good in coverage, they’re pretty comparable players. 

I personally haven’t noticed Vigil at all this preseason while Spaight has made a few nice run stuffs.

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Call me crazy but I think there’s a decent chance Ryan Anderson gets cut.

I don’t think so, while he’s not living up to being a good pass rusher, he’s a great run defender and a great special teams player. 

You’re only looking at one aspect of his game and saying he should be cut because of that, while the coaches are evaluating everything he does. 

Anderson is probably our best OLB at setting the edge vs the run. He has a long way to go to become a better pass rusher - and he may never get there - but I don’t see anyone taking his spot, especially if we are going to keep 5 OLBs to keep Robertson.

For example, I could see Anderson developing into a Lorenzo Alexander type special teams player and we kept him on the team for years even though he wasn’t a starter and really wasn’t a dynamic player for us in any other way. 

Archived