Does Rivers make the HoF?

patriotsheatyan

31 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Not a popular thought and I know it won’t happen, but I don’t think that any QB other than Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers should make it. You take the best of the best, and leave all the rest. 

While I also agree, you can't limit how many players from an Era get in. Especially when 2 of the other QB not listed above have as many or more SB Rings then everyone on that list not named Tom Brady.

With that said Yes I too don't think Eli or Rivers are deserving. Elisha will get in though. Rivers , Not unless he goes out with a bang John Elway Style.

38 minutes ago, Malik said:

Him, Eli, and Carson Palmer are all the pretty much the same caliber of QB.

Agree, all 3 QBs are so up and down year to year and thats what separates them from guys like Payton, Brady, Brees, Ben and Rodgers. Rivers, Eli and Palmer have always sort of been in that second tier below them based off of peak level and consistency.

Rivers and Eli will probably get in, but IMO they will have to wait a few years and sneak in when there is an opening in a  weak class.

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Not a popular thought and I know it won’t happen, but I don’t think that any QB other than Manning, Brees, Brady, and Rodgers should make it. You take the best of the best, and leave all the rest. 

My ideal situation would be that Brady and Manning go in first ballot. Brees and Rodgers go within 2-3 years. Then Ben goes within 5-10 years. Then in a super fringe situation Eli should have to wait as long as Stabler did if he even makes it.

9 hours ago, lancerman said:

My ideal situation would be that Brady and Manning go in first ballot. Brees and Rodgers go within 2-3 years. Then Ben goes within 5-10 years. Then in a super fringe situation Eli should have to wait as long as Stabler did if he even makes it.

I think Rodgers at least MUST go first ballot, don't see an argument for holding him back. Yes, they both (currently) only have one ring, but for the most part that's not their fault.

15 hours ago, Malik said:

Him, Eli, and Carson Palmer are all the pretty much the same caliber of QB.

I would take Rivers over those 2, and its not even really close.

Rivers wont get in, though, unless he wins a SB or an MVP award before he retires.   

Eli will get in because his last name is Manning and because he has two iconic SB wins over the Patriots....and because he has bulk stats.    

Rivers has always been a better QB than Manning, but its the Hall of FAME....and Eli has more on his resume.   

5 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I think Rodgers at least MUST go first ballot, don't see an argument for holding him back. Yes, they both (currently) only have one ring, but for the most part that's not their fault.

Rodgers should go first ballot, but if he doesnt win another SB or MVP, and if he keeps missing tine due to injury, I could see a slight chance he doesnt go first ballot....but most likely still will.    He is the best all around QB Ive ever watched.  

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

I mean it depends. When Rodgers retires he might be the 3rd best QB of that quartet. If the era is stacked I don’t mind some super high high caliber guys waiting a year or so to make room for other positions that are actually backlogged (cough WR)

I would honestly be surprised if Brady, Brees, and P.Manning aren't 1st ballot HOFers when it's their time, Rodgers I think would be a 1st ballot HOFer but if he continues to have injury prone seasons I could see him having to wait a couple years.

Rivers I don't think will make it, he accumulated stats in an era where it's easy to do but not nearly as well as some others.  Eli will get in due to the SB wins over Brady and that's it.

Archived