Here comes Roquan

beardown3231

40 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Roquan got 4 years, $18m fully guaranteed with $11m in bonuses

It doesn't look like the financials changed much. Will be very interesting to see what actual consessions were given on the contract language by either side. Actually per Leming quoting Adam Jahns maybe thr Bears caved a little.

I don’t even care who caved where. We need him on the field, and now he will be.  I’m as big a Kwiatkowski fan as we have here but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s at best 3rd ILB on the squad and that he’s a total abomination in coverage. 

Now we can shift to the secondary issue of whether or not he was worth the wait and if we even care if he gets suspended.

Hoping if he ever gets suspended it's for an on the field hit and nobody, including the Bears' accountants, give a second thought to the cost of paying him versus the cost of him being off the field.

I can faintly hear the contact folks at Halas Hall chanting we're 32nd, we're 32nd.....

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t even care who caved where. We need him on the field, and now he will be.  I’m as big a Kwiatkowski fan as we have here but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s at best 3rd ILB on the squad and that he’s a total abomination in coverage. 

You had me until abomination in coverage... John Timu is an abomination in coverage, Kwiatkoski isn't terrible. He's done well in camp, surprisingly.

The future, IMO, is Smith/Kwiatkoski

Saw this on a White Sox message board I'm a member at and I really couldn't say it better. Looks like the Bears won this one and CAA is saving facing by saying "look! We got some guarantees truly guaranteed!"

I disagree, actually. He's never going to be the type of guy who gets 3+ games for on-field stuff. Only Burfict has gotten something like this over the last 10 years. He'll never get 2+ games for defending himself or a teammate. He would almost have to drag someone by their **** off of the field to get 2+. He isn't going to get 2+ games for a post play infraction either because that would also require him to do something insane or go after a ref. The only chance for his guarantees to be voided is a 1+ game suspension for being deemed the aggressor. If that's really what he was holding out for, the Bears should have caved weeks ago.

Why is every idiot bears fan so pissed at him for holding out? It happens. All I’ve seen on fb is fans wishing injury befalls him from his greed or that he busts or something because he’s holding out. I can’t stand sports fans. 

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

Why is every idiot bears fan so pissed at him for holding out? It happens. All I’ve seen on fb is fans wishing injury befalls him from his greed or that he busts or something because he’s holding out. I can’t stand sports fans. 

People are stupid, they'll flip back if he does well and claim they always were huge supporters of him.

My cousin lives in SD and was posting venomous-level crap about Bosa when he was holding out. Deserved a car wreck, hoped he got legal troubles (I think she said drug trafficking), etc. She'd ALWAYS hate him.

Her FB profile pic is in a Bosa gameday jersey. 

Archived