Do you remember enjoying a season where your team won < 8 games?

TecmoSuperJoe

I'm interested in the answers. I'm wondering if most of them will be due to a late season crumble, or a late season surge like the 49ers had last season. Just to be clear, any season where your team won less than 8 games, essentially having a losing record. 

I remember the 49ers in 2000 had a top 5 offense, but the defense was bad. As a result the 49ers had a losing record. Still had fun watching Garcia to Owens, and Charlie Garner. I'm an offensive guy though. 

I believe I’ll enjoy the first season without Brees, just for the change. It’ll be really bittersweet of course, but I think I’ll find enjoyment of seeing what’s next as it unfolds. 

Might not be less than 8 games, but I like our odds.

The 2-14 season in 2013 was comical - Matt Schaub throwing pick sixes every week, Arian Foster getting hurt every time he stepped on the field, Ed Reed doing absolutely nothing - just a hailstorm of a mess.

I giggled.

For sure, yeah. The 2004 and 2001 seasons were still enjoyable for me. There were pieces of a great team there each of those years, and the team was mostly competitive. Each of those years, MOST of the 2003 offense was there. 2008 we were 2-14, but there were a bunch of things in there that were just fun. Thigpen was a delight to watch at QB, even with all his faults. It's the closest we got to a Charles/LJ tandem, was the last year we had Gonzalez, and we had some pieces that were looking really promising (Thigpen, Charles, Bowe, Albert on offense, Dorsey, Hali, Johnson, Carr, Flowers, Pollard, and Page on defense.) A lot of those pieces didn't pan out, some worked out spectacularly, some failed equally so, but I remember it feeling like a young team with talent that was figuring it out, with a coaching staff that just didn't really help. I think Thigpen won like 1 game, his whole career, but once he won the starting job that year, I think we only had one game that wasn't a one score game, if I remember right. They were all close and competitive.

I can definitely enjoy a losing season, though. In the end, watching the NFL is a hobby. With the occasional exception, I don't take it super seriously. And if I'm enjoying it more often than not, I'm coming out ahead. And generally, if we're competing in a game, I'm enjoying it. At least until the moment we lose or are out of it. If we win I generally enjoy all of it, unless it's really bleak to start with or something. So a year like 2008, where we lose 90% of the time, but we look like we might win like 80% of the time, that's a fun season for me, still. And I've loved our past few seasons, even with the playoff outs, for the same reason.

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

...I have never seen my team win less than 8 games. I've never seen them win less than 10.

Yes, I'm aware I'm spoiled.

You just just started watching football because they were 5-11 the season before Brady and 9-7 in his second season.

32 minutes ago, Malik said:

You just just started watching football because they were 5-11 the season before Brady and 9-7 in his second season.

I was 12 in 2002, and being born in Europe, had never seen an American football, let alone watched a game. Sue me.

55 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Young Patriots fan? Chicken is coming home to roost soon. 

Trust me, I know. I'm hoarding good memories for the coming winter.

Ive been following the Steelers since about 1993 or so, and we have only had 3 losing seasons during that time.

I was in high school for the two during the late 90s and I was in the military during the 2003 season and only got to watch 2 or 3 Steeler games that year.   I dont particularly remember enjoying any of them.     Not to say there werent enjoyable moments, but nothing really stands out.  

I remember during the 2004 season two teams that had high hopes faltered, but were still exciting to watch for me. The Titans and Chiefs. Billy Volek was throwing for crazy numbers in Tennessee while subbing in for an injured Steve McNair. Chris Brown was also running wild, and looked like he could be a decent replacement for Eddie George. The Chiefs could beat anyone because of their offense, but their defense was just so poor. San Diego had also become a new force in the AFC West. 

2008. Aaron Rodgers first year after Favre's exit. You could see he was special that year. The team just was stuck in a transition year. You saw some special potential but at the same time they screwed the pooch on so many 4th quarter leads especially the defense. Also they drafted Nelson, Sitton, and Finley that year. They go 6-10 and next year draft Matthews and Raji. 

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

2008. Aaron Rodgers first year after Favre's exit. You could see he was special that year. The team just was stuck in a transition year. You saw some special potential but at the same time they screwed the pooch on so many 4th quarter leads especially the defense. Also they drafted Nelson, Sitton, and Finley that year. They go 6-10 and next year draft Matthews and Raji. 

Came in here to say this. The defense seemed to give up a 4th quarter lead weekly. But it was a really fun season. Rodgers and Jennings were fun to watch together. And then 09 was/is my favorite Packers season since I’ve been watching football. Good times 

Archived