Do you remember enjoying a season where your team won < 8 games?

TecmoSuperJoe

There's nothing enjoyable to me during a losing season. It's happened 5 times in the last 2 decades and each of those seasons sucked in there own special way. From McNabb lost for the season, to the Dream Team, to post Chip Kelly Apocalypse. Nothing!!

Only singular positive thing to come from those debacles "came after" the season with the eventual draft picks to come. That's it!

Corey Simon, Brodrick Bunkley, Lane Johnson, Carson Wentz, Derek Barnett

29 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

New Patriots fan?

I mean I'd venture to say like 90%+ if not more of the Pats fans who post here and on most message boards are "new Patriots fans" just because of the average age of someone who posts on message boards.

Anyway, 2001 was a pretty solid year in the standpoint that it was McNair's first season where he clearly took a step towards becoming a top flight QB, to then being 3rd in MVP voting in 02 to winning it in 03. Our defense was an absolute mess that year. If you take 01-03 McNair and put him on the 99 and 00 teams we're probably back to back champions, but alas, here we are.

2013 wasn't so bad either honestly. It sucked after a promising start to the season for Jake Locker for him to get hurt and it go to ****, but watching Ryan Fitzpatrick that year made me a fan of him for life. Not because he's great obviously, but because that dude put it all on the line each and every week. He'd dive head first for first downs and touchdowns, make some ridiculous scrambles in the pocket, etc. He was honestly a ton of fun to watch, despite his tendency to throw INTs at the worst time.

I'm going to cheat and use two 8-8 seasons.

06-VY was magic. Pacman brokeout that year. VY walkoff win in Houston. The comeback vs the Giants. Rob Bironias hitting a 60 yarder to beat the Colts. Man, that season was fun.

09-Year started out rough. Started 0-6, including the 59-0 New England Massacre. Then we inserted VY, and once again, the magic happened. Had the walkoff 99 yard drive vs the Cardinals. But really, Chris Johnson's race to 2000 was what really made this season fun.

Even with the drama, disappointment and BS surrounding him, Vince Young will always have a special place with me. He provided some memorable, all time moments in Titans history. His highs outweighed the lows for me.

Nope.  I am a fan, and if my team sucks I simply don't care what happens after that.  When the Julio Jones let the winning TD pass slip right between his hands at Philly in January I didn't watch a single game after that.  I know the "correct" answer to this question is "I absolutely love the NFL and am excited even if my team is out of it" but I am being honest here (and I suspect many people that say that are just lying).  Of course I do realize that there are plenty of people out there who are not hardcore fans of any specific team so obviously they won't care so much who wins as long as the competition is fun to watch.  But the question itself assumes that you do have a team, and if you are a real fan of any team then its nearly impossible to care that much about the rest of the league when your team sucks.

From 1970 until 1992, the Packers only won more than 8 games -  twice.

23 years of futility meant we had to find ways to enjoy the Packers without actually winning a bunch of football games.

in 1984, they started out 1-7 and then went on a 7-1 roll to finish the year...at 8-8. We were pretty stoked, the future was bright, the Pack is Back ! !

And then they finished 8-8 again the next year....and it would be another decade before they achieved relevance again.

Vikings 2007 8-8 season.

My first season watching football! AP's 296 yard game against the Chargers was my first game I watched. Incredible experience.

Destroying the Giants 41 - 17 was super fun with the Vikings geting 4 Eli Manning interceptions, with THREE pick-sixes.

Then the very next week destroying the lions 42 - 10.

Then we beat the 49ers the next week, with the Vikings breaking or tying a record of the the defensive line getting 2 or 3 interceptions in one game.

The last game was bittersweet as the Vikings lost to the Broncos 22 - 19 in overtime, but it was fun how Tarvaris Jackson made an INCREDIBLE comeback and even got TWO 2-point conversions by himself. This is also the game where Troy Williamson dropped a WIDE OPEN deep ball TD.

Very memorable season for me.

Archived