Redskins cut CB Orlando Scandrick

RaidersAreOne

A little surprising they cut him this early. I think this probably points more towards a little bit of a personality to ability ratio.   He's always been touted as a consummate competitor (as far as his discipline/seriousness for being at his best) but he's extremely, extremely off-putting with other players.  I'd actually thought he and Norman would be at each others' throats before the end of training camp.

That was quick as hell. He is washed though. I do think he is a good leader and he has a lot of heart. I wish him luck. People need DB help so he will get another shot. The fact people are going faster and younger is going to make it hard though.

This is more towards the young guys showing up. Scandrick was a vet that was plug and play for the most part, but it seems that Moreau, Dunbar, Stroman, Alexander, and Holsey are impressing the coaches enough that Scandrick wasn't needed. Plus the surprise of Danny Johnson which could be a PS stash. 

It apparently had to do with fit. Players and Coaches weren't really gelling with him, the rumor was he was an out spoking and trash talkin' guy (which, our secondary certainly has in spades as well) but wasn't able to back it up consistently. Dunno what it all means but he just didn't gel. Apparently, they've reached out to DRC.

On 8/14/2018 at 9:53 AM, ///mcompact said:

A little surprising they cut him this early. I think this probably points more towards a little bit of a personality to ability ratio.   He's always been touted as a consummate competitor (as far as his discipline/seriousness for being at his best) but he's extremely, extremely off-putting with other players.  I'd actually thought he and Norman would be at each others' throats before the end of training camp.

Doesn’t a trash talking, competitive guy fit right in with Norman & Swearinger?

EDIT: Remembering now you are a Cowboys, not Redskins fan.

On 8/14/2018 at 10:15 AM, mike23md said:

This is more towards the young guys showing up. Scandrick was a vet that was plug and play for the most part, but it seems that Moreau, Dunbar, Stroman, Alexander, and Holsey are impressing the coaches enough that Scandrick wasn't needed. Plus the surprise of Danny Johnson which could be a PS stash. 

Holsey almost lost a toe right before training camp started because a table fell on it, he hasn’t looked better than anyone. Them cutting Scandrick means three things:

1. Dunbar has locked up the #2 starting spot opposite Norman 

2. Fabian Moreau has locked up the slot corner spot and looked better than Scandrick who, from reports was making a lot of mistakes, blaming others for those mistakes and didn’t know the playbook like Dunny and Fabs

3. As you said the young corners have looked good, from most reports Danny Johnson has been our 4th best corner, I think he makes the team.  

5 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Doesn’t a trash talking, competitive guy fit right in with Norman & Swearinger?

EDIT: Remembering now you are a Cowboys, not Redskins fan.

Not when they constantly make mistakes and blow their assignments 

Archived