Scandrick to be released

LoganF89

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

If they think they need someone else, why wouldn't they just call Breeland?

I get the impression the coaches were tired of Breeland’s attitude/act and don’t want him back. That’s the only explanation as to why he hasn’t been re-signed because at this point he’s cheap compared to his ability.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If they think they need someone else, why wouldn't they just call Breeland?

What is shocking is that he is only 26 and has waited this long to find any kind of work. Miami is kicking the wheels but seriously. 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This move signals to me they were not going to risk exposing Danny Johnson to waivers to get him to the practice squad. Also, Torrian Gray is going to be a hell of an DC for O’Connell next year. 

Yeah, in Cleveland or Tampa

Never understood the logic behind bringing Scandrick in, but glad they got out of that contract before it was too late. Makes you wonder what they were thinking in the first place. Hopefully one of these young guys (Alexander, Stroman, D Johnson, Texada) wins that job convincingly.

Wouldn't be surprised if they re-kick the tires on DRC.  

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I get the impression the coaches were tired of Breeland’s attitude/act and don’t want him back. That’s the only explanation as to why he hasn’t been re-signed because at this point he’s cheap compared to his ability.

He's also still injured IIRC

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This move signals to me they were not going to risk exposing Danny Johnson to waivers to get him to the practice squad. Also, Torrian Gray is going to be a hell of an DC for O’Connell next year. 

@lavar703 Great points. Haven’t seen much of Danny Johnson yet. Torrain Gray is very impressive and we are lucky to have him! He was mentored by the  best at Tech

8 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Never understood the logic behind bringing Scandrick in, but glad they got out of that contract before it was too late. Makes you wonder what they were thinking in the first place. Hopefully one of these young guys (Alexander, Stroman, D Johnson, Texada) wins that job convincingly.

Wouldn't be surprised if they re-kick the tires on DRC.  

They felt they needed a veteran just in case the young guys didn’t look good.

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

3 Years, $24 mill, $9 guaranteed -- Not to shabby !

Not great either. It’s not the contract most of us thought he’d get. Many of us were thinking we should’ve re-signed him because his deal wasn’t as huge as we thought it would be. It certainly isn’t the #1 money many of us thought he’d get.

$9 million guaranteed is nothing. I bet he could’ve been cut after one year and the panthers would save cap space.

I thought he was a Number 1 knucklehead ! Buying marijuana in Richmond on the street his rookie year.  I just don't remember this board ever thinking he was a Number 1 corner and would command that money. 

I'm not saying it's not true . I just don't remember it that way . 

Archived