Hankins coming in for a workout

buno67

19 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Take the money you were going to throw away on Dez and use it to secure Hankins.

Or you know, sign both. 

dez is most likely getting a one year deal. Hankins might be seeking a one year deal but hopefully we can sign him for 2-3yr

28 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

If we do sign him, I'd throw it in the "flyer" category.  He's not known as the hardest worker on the planet, so I can't imagine he's in great shape.

It also tells me they're not thrilled with what they have.

Well I think the Coley injury is prolly not healing as fast as they hoped. Those high ankle sprains are awful. They originally said when it happened it could be 4-6. So that made him questionable for week1 I believe but maybe they got news he won’t be ready at all for that, so they are now deciding to go after the BPA at DT. That’s the only reason I could think of for the move now. I don’t think anyone on the inside lost a job last week with their play

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well I think the Coley injury is prolly not healing as fast as they hoped. Those high ankle sprains are awful. They originally said when it happened it could be 4-6. So that made him questionable for week1 I believe but maybe they got news he won’t be ready at all for that, so they are now deciding to go after the BPA at DT. That’s the only reason I could think of for the move now. I don’t think anyone on the inside lost a job last week with their play

I agree with this for the most part. Although, the Giants did run the ball pretty effectively in the first game. Obviously preseason but there was that huge body missing from the defensive front.

I only want to sign him to a one-year deal if he is in great shape already and ready to roll. If he is looking sloppy, I leverage to get a two or three-year deal at a bargain rate of 5 mil or less with an easy out for the team after year one. But that's just me.

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I only want to sign him to a one-year deal if he is in great shape already and ready to roll. If he is looking sloppy, I leverage to get a two or three-year deal at a bargain rate of 5 mil or less with an easy out for the team after year one. But that's just me.

exactly 

but man hes the type of guy we need with Coley out right now

we keep making al the right moves man I'm enjoying it 

20 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

I agree with this for the most part. Although, the Giants did run the ball pretty effectively in the first game. Obviously preseason but there was that huge body missing from the defensive front.

They weren’t bad. You take away that first run by Barkley, which isn’t on the interior guys. Barkley was forced to bounce it outside and he did his thing. Outside of that play, they had 99yards on 22carries

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

They weren’t bad. You take away that first run by Barkley, which isn’t on the interior guys. Barkley was forced to bounce it outside and he did his thing. Outside of that play, they had 99yards on 22carries

No they werent but to me there didnt seem to be too many "negative" run plays. I am not gonna call them out for being bad but there is room for improvement I would think. On 3rd and short situations, we can use that body in the middle.

Archived