The Box Office

Acgott

3 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Yeah the chances of us getting an ep.10-12 at some point this decade seem really unlikely.

Nice to know Disney will actually wait a while before they eventually try to do ep.10

Disney said starting 2021 Avatar and Star Wars will be alternating movie releases  In December. So 2022 should be our next Star Wars movie, whether that’s episode 10 who knows

Edited by Fresh Prince

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Disney said starting 2021 Avatar and Star Wars will be alternating movie releases  In December. So 2022 should be our next Star Wars movie, whether that’s episode 10 who knows

The planned movie for that date was scrapped (Benioff and Weiss's movie) so we likely won't get one in 2022 unless they bump something else up the schedule.

I really doubt they'll pick up with episode 10 after the mess they did with the sequel trilogy so they'll likely do newer stories in new eras.

There's no way in hell Disney is doing episode 10-12.  They're more likely to remake episode 7-9 than make episodes 10-12. 

In fact, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they cut off all continuity with Lucas's original trilogy and prequel trilogy and went to a galaxy far, farrer away. 

They need a hard reboot to get people on their side again, and going down the path they've been on they are about to turn off the entire Star Wars fanbase. 

Inferior products, clustered plots, lack of direction, politics, social justice warrioriing has harmed the entire image and brand of Star Wars.  Even for someone like me, who loved TLJ and will probably enjoy ROS, there's no real drive or interest. 

When Force Awakens came out I was obsessing over it for months leading up to its release.  I went opening night and that's not something I have done since I was under 18 years old.  When TLJ came out, I went to it the day of release.  At no point in my life could there be a Star Wars movie that I waited on, but with Solo, the SJW crap in TLJ that I have to ignore every time I watch it, the oversaturation, the constant (valid) complaints from die hard fans, the convoluted plot and the attempts to fix what did not need fixing in TLJ...

I have zero interest of seeing it in theaters.  I am content in waiting until it comes out on blu ray.  I will then binge watch every single Star Wars movie leading up to it, and I'll enjoy all of them, but I'll always have that nagging feeling of, "These last three could have been better."  The first six had a real, definite, obvious plan.  These last three are like accidents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I have zero interest of seeing it in theaters.  I am content in waiting until it comes out on blu ray.  I will then binge watch every single Star Wars movie leading up to it, and I'll enjoy all of them, but I'll always have that nagging feeling of, "These last three could have been better."  The first six had a real, definite, obvious plan.  These last three are like accidents.

So true. They were what they were, but George definitely had a plan (this time around).

On 12/22/2019 at 9:37 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Either more spin-offs or new material. I too don't think a new trilogy is on the horizon. I am still surprised Rise of Skywalker is going to make less than Last Jedi. But I'm not a Star Wars fan anyway, just thought the last chapter would have more hype.

Looking at the box office this year, not much has changed for the top 10 with established brands but at least with Joker in 7th place and Alita making the Top 20 along with IT 2 means lesser brands and non-sequels (franchises) have a shot in 2020.

Again though, I mean Top Gun is a sequel but it's not a franchise sequel.

Other expectations in 2020:

Antebellum, Tenet, Bill & Ted, Death on the Nile, Stillwater, Dune & The French Dispatch.

• 2 weeks later...