Jump to content
Acgott

The Box Office

Recommended Posts

IT passed $300 domestic. It’s going to pass Spider-Man soon.

Blade Runner underachieved with 31M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see this, going to a movie was always a fun event for me growing up. Good to see people continuing to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Acgott said:

IT passed $300 domestic. It’s going to pass Spider-Man soon.

Blade Runner underachieved with 31M

Pretty much what I expected from blade runner, not really a movie with a huge fan base. Unless the budget was big wouldn't say this underachieved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Pretty much what I expected from blade runner, not really a movie with a huge fan base. Unless the budget was big wouldn't say this underachieved.

Blade Runner had a budget of at least $150M, opening in the 3rd most theaters all time for a r-rated and predictions had it at $50M

Mad Max Fury Road had same estimated budget and opened with $45M

its not a disaster or close to it, but way under what WB was hoping for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4th biggest this year behind Beauty and the Beast, GOTG2, and It. That would be ahead of Spider-Man and Wonder Woman. 

Wonder Woman and it’s $103M opening (6th biggest this year) is the #2 movie domestically with 412M. That’s some legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justice League had $13 million from the Thursday previews.  Thor Ragnarok had $14.5 million on the way to a $121 million weekend, so if the ratios hold similar that would track Justice League for somewhere around $110 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4345&p=.htm

Box Office Mojo is projecting a $118 million weekend for Justice League

Edited by THE DUKE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Justice League had $13 million from the Thursday previews.  Thor Ragnarok had $14.5 million on the way to a $121 million weekend, so if the ratios hold similar that would track Justice League for somewhere around $110 million.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4345&p=.htm

Box Office Mojo is projecting a $118 million weekend for Justice League

Huge disappointment for WB that not only are they behind Suicide Squad and BvS, but they can't even beat Thor 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Heading towards disasterous 

 

DC has no one to blame but themselves.  Affleck is going to flee any day now.  Going to be interesting to see their next move.  If it really does bomb, then that puts the whole future in jeopardy.  Aquaman is done, but this could slow the roll on every other movie in development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×