Game 0.2, 2018: New York Jets @ Washington Redskins [ESPN]

Bianconero

I’m expecting Darnold to start and get the first 2 quarters. Teddy gets the second half.

Interested to see how the tight end spot shakes out. Tomlinson, Herndon and Wolford have been solid. And now Leggett played well in his return.

Time to see what Darnold can do against starters, not 3rd stringers. I like this as a gage for him early. Bc we’ve been playing them all week, it’s the equivalent of him studying film all week on them (as the same for them against him). So it will be a true test. I hope he impresses.

Guys I'm looking forward to watching:

1. Darnold 
2. Hewitt
3. Shepard
4. All the TE's
5. Jones
6. Cannon
7. McBride (he looks to be stealing that 5th WR spot from Stewart/Hansen)
8. Robby vs Norman (hope they take a shot deep if he gets a 1v1)
9. Pass Rush
10. Lee

McBride is turning heads and I think he makes the roster. I also feel that Pryor will get cut. The staff is not happy with him and it would only cost 1 mill and save 2 mill on the cap. I think Pryor is done as a player. He looked bad last year and old. 

4 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

McBride is turning heads and I think he makes the roster. I also feel that Pryor will get cut. The staff is not happy with him and it would only cost 1 mill and save 2 mill on the cap. I think Pryor is done as a player. He looked bad last year and old. 

I don't think Pryor is going anywhere.  He's a lock I feel.  He played through a bad ankle injury all last year and is only 29, he's far from done.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I don't think Pryor is going anywhere.  He's a lock I feel.  He played through a bad ankle injury all last year and is only 29, he's far from done.

I disagree here. He is at that 30 year old marker and the guy is not going to get any better. Bowels, who i have never seen upset, told the media that Pryor needs to keep his mouth shut about injuries. A WR that is aging and has some attitude problems on a young team is not a good combination. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree here. He is at that 30 year old marker and the guy is not going to get any better. Bowels, who i have never seen upset, told the media that Pryor needs to keep his mouth shut about injuries. A WR that is aging and has some attitude problems on a young team is not a good combination. 

Attitude problems?  I think that is a stretch.  He's clearly one of the 6 best WR's on the roster so I see no reason he doesn't make the team.  At worst he's a major red zone weapon for Darnold.  He'll stick for that purpose alone.  He's also a very good deep threat even still.  I think you are wildly underestimating his talent and decline.

My guess:
Anderson
Kearse
Enunwa
Pryor
McBride
Hanson 
Roberts (PR/KR)

I doubt Pryor goes anywhere tbh, excited to see who starts (gut feeling it’s Sam), the TE battle is another one I’m excited to see Herndon looks like the only lock to me so it will be interesting if who else fight for a spot, was impressed with Sterling and Walford last game.

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

The offensive line issue is bad. Mac really needs to change his philosophy there

Lol Isnt that the truth. I was just thinking that in Idzik’s two years he drafted four OL to the two that Mac drafted in four years. Not to mention that two more of Idzik’s pick ups (Ijalana and Qvale) are still on the team along with Dozier and Winters. Mac signed four middling OL FAs, three coming off injury (Clady, Beachum and Long) and one that had failed in Seattle (Carpenter) so it’s not like he’s going after top players or prospects. I really don’t know what his philosophy is.

Archived