Game 0.2, 2018: New York Jets @ Washington Redskins [ESPN]

Bianconero

4 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Lol Isnt that the truth. I was just thinking that in Idzik’s two years he drafted four OL to the two that Mac drafted in four years. Not to mention that two more of Idzik’s pick ups (Ijalana and Qvale) are still on the team along with Dozier and Winters. Mac signed four middling OL FAs, three coming off injury (Clady, Beachum and Long) and one that had failed in Seattle (Carpenter) so it’s not like he’s going after top players or prospects. I really don’t know what his philosophy is.

I mean Clady, Beachum, Long and Carpenter are a hell of a lot better than Qvale, Ijalana, Dozier and WInters thats for sure. There is no doubt in my mind the o line is the biggest priority next year along with a true edge rusher. 

12 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I don’t think Winters’ when healthy is as bad as some think he’s not great but he’s about an average starter when healthy, would like to see what our OL will be like when healthy

I tend to agree. We’ve never seen Winters really healthy with a good C next him and a good OT as well.

If Macs approach is anything like HOU's then it will likely be a lot of mid/late round OL.  Pretty sure they never drafted OL high in HOU but still had a good OL for the most part.

Mac did try and trade up for Tunsil though by all reports.  Once Tunsil started to fall supposedly he was trying to move up for him.

25 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If Macs approach is anything like HOU's then it will likely be a lot of mid/late round OL.  Pretty sure they never drafted OL high in HOU but still had a good OL for the most part.

Mac did try and trade up for Tunsil though by all reports.  Once Tunsil started to fall supposedly he was trying to move up for him.

Duane Brown

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Duane Brown

I don't like getting into this again, But lets be honest Mac;s drafting since he has been here has been real bad, Look at all those second round disasters he picked. But with that said he has made some real good moves with trades and moving up in the draft. His FA picks I feel have been very good. And please don't tell me he picked Adams & Williams a ORANGUTAN, would have made those picks.

I'm excited to see how the line holds up against a good redskins D and see what Sam can do against them. I would also like to see another shut out with our D. They did get some pressure last week and we should get some tonight too. I know I'm pretty much opposite of you guys when I say we really don't need that big name pas rusher to be good. I think our D backs are so good that the QB will hold the ball longer giving these guys and extra few seconds and then the sacks come. They tend to call this coverage sacks. This is what this team will do a lot this year. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm excited to see how the line holds up against a good redskins D and see what Sam can do against them. I would also like to see another shut out with our D. They did get some pressure last week and we should get some tonight too. I know I'm pretty much opposite of you guys when I say we really don't need that big name pas rusher to be good. I think our D backs are so good that the QB will hold the ball longer giving these guys and extra few seconds and then the sacks come. They tend to call this coverage sacks. This is what this team will do a lot this year. 

Bowles, like Rex before him, likes to get pressure off blitzing.. For a couple of years, Rex had Revis at the top of his game taking away the best receiving threat. Bowles hasn’t had a guy even close to Revis. Maybe Johnson will be that guy. 

I personnaly would like to have a pass rusher.  Klecko (when he played DE), Gastineau and Abraham were real game changes off the edge. Coverage sacks are nice but imo, they are not as intimidating as a guy striking quickly 

Archived