Game 0.2, 2018: New York Jets @ Washington Redskins [ESPN]

Bianconero

I think Teddy will get more than you realize because he is still young and can be a franchise QB. Guys like this NEVER are available this time of year. The eagles are looking like to be without Foles and Went for sometime. If it comes out that these guys are out for a month or so the eagles will give up some nice draft picks for Teddy. You also will have some injuries to QB when game 3 comes around and all the starters are in for half a game. 

FYI according to PFf, Anderson and Cooper were our best defensive players. Overall the DL was strong. The OL was bad but they give credit to Darnold and Bridgewater for being sharp. Powell also was given credit, despite the poor stats,  because he was usually being hit at or behind the line of scrimmage 

This next game should determine who should win the starting the job. TB is winning so far. Darnold really threw 1 bad pass, that's expected for someone who just turned 21. TB is still young, so this is huge. 

Hopefully, we can add to our oline after other teams make some preseason cuts. 

Bridgewater is really in a lose lose situation. I'd be OK with him starting the first four weeks due to our schedule in the beginning. We have three games in the first ten days, Bridgewater has been through the rigors of preparing for teams quickly, plus this gives him a chance to showcase that he's still capable of being a starter. Now if he struggles, you can turn to Darnold easily. If he's playing well, it's a shame but hopefully by then there's a team willing to make a trade for him. Bridgewater gets a chance to prove he can earn his next contract and maybe we collect some assets.

Bridgewater has earned the starting job, but I don't think he ever really had a chance to be the long term starter.

12 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

This next game should determine who should win the starting the job. TB is winning so far. Darnold really threw 1 bad pass, that's expected for someone who just turned 21. TB is still young, so this is huge. 

Hopefully, we can add to our oline after other teams make some preseason cuts. 

There is a lot more truth in you post than you think, I also think this next preseason game will decide who the starting QB will be opening the first game of the season. Right now I have mixed emotions who I want to start. As long as we keep building the Jets, with better players in different positions, that is all I care about now.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

There is a lot more truth in you post than you think, I also think this next preseason game will decide who the starting QB will be opening the first game of the season. Right now I have mixed emotions who I want to start. As long as we keep building the Jets, with better players in different positions, that is all I care about now.

I could be wrong but I think that the only way 

Darnold doesn’t start day one is if he plays like Hackenberg for the next two game. There is also the possibility that Bowles was just telling Mac and the media what they wanted to hear and always planned on starting McCown. 

McCown will not start a game this year unless BOTH QB's get hurt. Sam will start week 1 because all ties go to Sam. Teddy will get moved between the last preseason game and week 3. I think the Jets might even move him for a OL guy and pick if they can't get what they want or a pass rusher and a pick. 

Kind of stinks that the Bils are the first ones to lose their QB and would probably trade for Teddy but not going to happen with both teams in the AFC east.

I'm starting to think more and more that the Jets might trade for Mack. I have read some articles on this and they said a WR and picks would do it.

I can live with this deal

Mack and he gets 100 mill

for

1st round pick 2019, 4 round pick 2020 and Enuwa. 

Not many teams have the money for Mack and the raiders are going to get desperate at some point. 

They kind of just traded for Martavis so they’re not gonna be interested in Q. Love Mack but it just doesn’t make logical sense for us to go after him at the moment. Rather try and buy low on Fowler or try and nab either Barrett or Ray from the Broncos if we’re looking for pass rush help. @jetfuel34

On 8/17/2018 at 7:14 AM, jetfuel34 said:

How can you say it is not even close between Teddy and Sam. I think Sam did very well the first game and did pretty well the second game too with a few bad throws. The one thing that we all agree with is that McCown will not be under center week 1.

Not close to me. Darnold is obviously the future and he is going to be good. Teddy just is better IMO and I hope they free him so he can go be QB1 somewhere else. 

TB starting is probably the best news. His trade value will continue to rise and it gives more time for Darnold to adapt. Darnold maybe good, but we don't have to force him out there. TB doesn't have to be traded by the end of preseason. We can wait until we close to the deadline pending on how things are going. There is a lot we can do now. Possibly pull in the same type of deal the Eagles got for Bradford because TB is still young. Then Darnold can take over. 

10 hours ago, ganggreen1102 said:

I think it needs to be addressed that Tre McBride and Sam mesh really well, could see him on the lowest of keys being a nice slot option this year.

Yup. McBride has also outplayed Hansen and Stewart.

My current WR expectations is Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse, Pryor, McBride and one of Whitehead or Roberts.

Archived