Jalen Ramsey's QB Tiers

RaidersAreOne

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/jaguars-jalen-ramsey-roasts-nfl-qbs-josh-allen-joe-flacco-and-more-news.57372.html

"Allen is trash. I don't care what nobody say. He's trash. And it's gonna show too. That's a stupid draft pick to me. We play them this year, and I'm excited as hell. I hope he's their starting quarterback."

He targets other QB's in the article above too. He really is sounding off. What do you guys think of this?

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

ramsey is literally stupid. no one should really cares what he says so i put no stock into this.

I'm not taking his rankings seriously. Moreso the fact he is being so vocal and really going out of his way to talk trash. Part of me loves it, part of me doesn't.

He expands a lot more in the article than that tweet gives credit for. Not saying he's right but it's nice to have an opinion from someone playing the game, even if outspoken. Most QB ranking just seems to homogenise into one similar blob, refusing to admit some seasoned players may be on the downturn, sometimes some stark outliers due to personal preferences. Main article is linked below.

https://www.gq.com/story/jalen-ramsey-trash-talk-nfl-interview

Says Nick Foles was good enough to win a superbowl so he's good enough to do that. Similar to Blake, he did what was asked of him, and why complain if it gets results?

Called Goff "Average to Above Average" but for what his teams asks he is "Good". Ramsey certainly in the Wentz/Watson camp on future QB talent.

Bar the Matt Ryan digg and calling Allen trash. Is there anything he said that's that outlandish. I disagree on Goff/Taylor, but can see why people may disagree on those two.

Aaron Rodgers does not. Tom Brady doesn't. I gotta think now, about all the teams... I think Marcus Mariota is a great quarterback for their team. I think Tyrod Taylor is actually a better quarterback than he gets credit for, because he does not make mistakes. He's honestly a Marcus Mariota type player, where he manages a game really well, always has them at least in position to be in the game late in the game. He just doesn't have turnovers that often. That's really all you need, especially if you get a good defense.

Dak Prescott, he's good. He's alright. He's okay. I'll put it that way. [Ezekiel Elliott] runs that team though. Everything runs around Zeke.

Kirk Cousins: I think he's good. I think he's a winner. He's a hell of a competitor. Coming off the play action, he's the best quarterback in the league. Play action passing, he's a hell of a quarterback. Derek Carr, I think he's good. Eli [Manning]... It's not really Eli. I think it's Odell [Beckham, Jr.]. I won't say Eli's good, I'll say Odell's good. And their connection is good. I think Russell [Wilson] is good. I think he's just a really good leader too. Big Ben [Roethlisberger], I think he's decent at best… It's not Big Ben, it's [Antonio Brown]. Big Ben slings the ball a lot of the time. He just slings it, and his receivers go get it. He has a strong arm, but he ain't all that. I played him twice last year, and he really disappointed me.

Drew Brees. I'm a fan of Drew Brees. I think Drew Brees really good, even at this age. He still runs. Everything. Andrew Luck—I don't really think he's that good

I think Matt Ryan's overrated. You can't tell me you win MVP two years ago, and then last year, you a complete bust, and you still got Julio Jones? There's no way that should ever happen. I don't care. You know what that tells me? That tells me [Offensive Coordinator Kyle] Shanahan left, went to San Francisco, got Garoppolo, made Garoppolo this big thing. And now Garoppolo is a big name—and now [Matt Ryan] has this bad year? Alright, well, was it really you, or was it your coach?

What's wrong with what he's saying, though?  It's his opinion and unlike all of us here.... he actually plays the game.  From what I've read, he is not criticizing those players off of the field or attacking them personally (they're low character, bad people, etc).  He's just talking about their play on the field and what his opinion is of them as players.  What's the problem?

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For the most part, I agree with a lot of what he's saying here.

I wouldn't put Carr in the same category as Wilson and Brees.  Also, Cousins a winner?  Lol.  Well, maybe as far as winning financially.

47 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

He expands a lot more in the article than that tweet gives credit for. Not saying he's right but it's nice to have an opinion from someone playing the game, even if outspoken. Most QB ranking just seems to homogenise into one similar blob, refusing to admit some seasoned players may be on the downturn, sometimes some stark outliers due to personal preferences. Main article is linked below.

https://www.gq.com/story/jalen-ramsey-trash-talk-nfl-interview

Says Nick Foles was good enough to win a superbowl so he's good enough to do that. Similar to Blake, he did what was asked of him, and why complain if it gets results?

Called Goff "Average to Above Average" but for what his teams asks he is "Good". Ramsey certainly in the Wentz/Watson camp on future QB talent.

Bar the Matt Ryan digg and calling Allen trash. Is there anything he said that's that outlandish. I disagree on Goff/Taylor, but can see why people may disagree on those two.

It's interesting because out of everything he said, the Matt Ryan part might have been the most accurate.  He probably exaggerated a bit, but he wasn't saying that Matt Ryan sucks.  He was saying that Ryan won the MVP under Shanahan and then when Shanahan left, Ryan kind of fell off... which is true.  Also, look at Jimmy G in San Francisco under Shanahan.  It's a fair conclusion for Ramsey.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

In an era where all the players seem to be buddies I like this level of trash talking.  

It's great too because he actually plays against these guys.  It's not like's he's going out of his way to trash talk linebackers (although I'm sure he would if asked about it lol) or a position he will never play against.  He's trash talking QB and some of those guys will have their shot at Ramsey. 

Archived