Jalen Ramsey's QB Tiers

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, pwny said:

No, I just don't understand why you would continue coming into a thread on a topic you believe to be stupid to the point of suggesting it's on the level of something you would never even bother to open a thread about. I asked this same question of people when it came to Richard Sherman topics, but go ahead and pretend my question is solely based on me being a homer for the team I follow if it makes it easier for you to dodge the crux of the question.

Except I didn't dodge the question.  and you got extremely triggered several times in the past when people criticized Jags players, so it's a reasonable conclusion when you come after someone being critical of his assessments.

I don't think the topic is stupid... I think his assessments are stupid, and that's what I'm discussing.

6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I don't think the topic is stupid... I think his assessments are stupid, and that's what I'm discussing.

I thought this topic was his assessments. If that isn't what the topic is, what is?

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

what is stupid about these assessments?

Only rankings that seemed way off were the AFC south QBs..and i get why there might be more factors into not saying exactly what you want there. 

I'm sorry but calling Matt Ryan "overrated and only good under Shanahan" was absolutely way off.  So was saying that Roethlisberger is "decent at best and only good because he has AB" (Roethlisberger won 2 freaking SB's before AB ever even got there).  And saying Eli is only good because of OBJ is along the same lines since OBJ was nearly a decade away from the NFL when Eli won his first SB against Tom Brady and the undefeated Patriots.  Even the Josh Allen stuff comes off as ignorant to me because he hasn't ever even taken an NFL snap yet.  You can't call somebody "trash" before they even get a chance to play (hell, Wentz played absolutely nobody in college and there were major questions about him coming into the NFL too).

At the end of the day I find these negative comments about other players (many, like Ryan for example, that Ramsey has never even played against) to be beyond ignorant, if for no other reason than that there's absolutely no upside to doing so.  What do Ramsey or the Jags have to gain from trashing all these QB's exactly?  And don't forget that Blake Bortles is Ramsey's QB so in reality all these comments have done is put a ton more pressure on him this year, because if he struggles you can bet the media will be talking a lot about Ramsey trashing all these other QB's while his own QB is struggling.  I just don't see the interview as mature, professional, or ultimately beneficial in any way.

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think overrated doesn't necessarily mean he's not good.

I don't think anyone would say he isn't good. And he can play great.

I think Ryan, for someone who is hyped as being cool under pressure, definitely lacks a killer streak when it really counts.
I think Ryan is better Kirk Cousins in that regard...at least Matty wins some.

Then again it could be bias.
just like with Eli his whole career, I've never really seen Matt do great against my team so it probably distorts my opinion a bit.

To be fair, its not just Matt Ryan.  For some reason the Falcons have NEVER played well against the Eagles (especially in Philly) for as long as I can remember.  The 2004 NFCCG immediately springs to mind for me...

Guys, it's important to remember that Jalen Ramsey did not attack anyone personally.  He never spoke bad about any of these guys off-the-field or questioned anyone's character.  He's criticizing them as players and giving his opinions of them on the field.  That's it.  It's really not that deep.

4 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

And saying Eli is only good because of OBJ is along the same lines since OBJ was nearly a decade away from the NFL when Eli won his first SB against Tom Brady and the undefeated Patriots.

What exactly does events of 11 years ago have to do with the current abilities of players? 

10 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

So was saying that Roethlisberger is "decent at best and only good because he has AB" (Roethlisberger won 2 freaking SB's before AB ever even got there)

He also said Ben deserves to be a Hall of Famer, and made it very clear he was basing it off how he felt Ben played in the two games vs the Jags this past year.

8 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I took out Ryan best season because it is obviously an outlier. If it wasnt, he wouldve been having that type of season more than just once. That year he had Shanny as his OC and the second Shanny left, Ryan reverted back to what he did prior to Shanny being the OC. I am not taking a shot a Ryan and I am just pointing out the obvious. When he was drafted the main question about him was his stats wasnt impressive at BC. People said but yes he didnt have a great supporting cast around him. His stats arent impressive still. Again take out 2016, his average is barely over 4,000yds passing and has a 2:1 td to int ratio. Thats not impressive. The one constant he has from his BC days and his NFL days is he has plenty of 4th Q comebacks. He seems to know how to find ways to win which is why I think he is a top 10 QB. But to say that if you look at him from all angles that I should think otherwise, I cant say that I do. I put Luck in the conversation because he has won too with the Colts and have close to the same averages per season as Ryan and thats with less talent around him while playing one maybe two season with a bum shoulder that ultimately they had to shut him down to get it fixed or else I shutter to think what might have happened had he taken more hits. I mean basically you brought up Ryan making Douglas a 1000yd receiver while White and Julio was out. In 2016 Luck stats was he completed 63% of his passes for 4230yds 31 tds and 12 ints and he was playing with a bum shoulder behind a bad oline taking hit after hit. Thats more impressive.

So did you just miss his 2012 season or what?  Here, I'll help you out:  4719 yards, 68.6% comp percentage, 7.7 YPA, 32 TDs, 14 INTs, and a 99.1 rating.  2016 was his best season, but its not like he never had a good season before that (and last year really wasn't anywhere near "terrible" like Ramsey said).  For his career Ryan has way more than a 2:1 TD to INT ratio, has thrown for over 41k yards, and has a rating of 93.4.  His career stats put him into the top 5 QB discussion IMO.  And about Shanahan, I agree that he is an offensive genius and absolutely helped Ryan reach his full potential, but let's not forget that most great QB's also have great offensive minds calling the plays (even TB12 has Josh McDaniels and had Charlie Weiss as well).  Its not just because Kyle left last year that Matt had a down year, its also the fact that Sark was an abysmal play-caller in 2017.  Its funny that when he did great in 2016 that was only because of his OC, but when he regressed in 2017 that was all his fault and had nothing to do with his OC?  

24 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

To be fair, its not just Matt Ryan.  For some reason the Falcons have NEVER played well against the Eagles (especially in Philly) for as long as I can remember.  The 2004 NFCCG immediately springs to mind for me...

yeah it's strange, it's like I watch the Falcons against the Saints or something and the look way different.

I guess every team has those team or players.

Like Larry Fitzgerald is a god when you look through the lens of playing the Eagles, he's killed us forever

I wasn't at all surprised we lost in Philly last season in the playoffs because I knew we always played bad in Philly, but you have to admit the Falcons came closer to beating them in the playoffs than any other team did last year!  I still fully expect them to play badly in the season opener just because of the history with the Eagles, but if Atlanta actually plays up to the talent level of their roster, it should be an epic slugfest between the two (IMO) best teams in the NFC this year!  At least we get the Eagles in the first game of the year when most teams are still figuring things out and nobody is settled in.  The first game of the year is always a bit of a crapshoot and is not usually indicative of how good (or bad) the team will be for the entire season.

Archived