Jalen Ramsey's QB Tiers

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

What's wrong with what he's saying, though?  It's his opinion and unlike all of us here.... he actually plays the game.  From what I've read, he is not criticizing those players off of the field or attacking them personally (they're low character, bad people, etc).  He's just talking about their play on the field and what his opinion is of them as players.  What's the problem?

Exactly, I don't get what the uproar is all about. He has a right to feel that way about these guys.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Luck isn't elite but when  healthy he's good.

It's interesting because I wonder what angle Ramsey was speaking about Luck on.  As some of us know, Luck is sometimes placed on a pedestal that he quite frankly does not deserve to be placed on.  Obviously Luck is not a bad QB by any means, but I don't think he's as good as some people say, either.  Put it like this, I think Luck is closer to Kirk Cousins and Matt Stafford than he is to Russell Wilson and Drew Brees.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's interesting because I wonder what angle Ramsey was speaking about Luck on.  As some of us know, Luck is sometimes placed on a pedestal that he quite frankly does not deserve to be placed on.  Obviously Luck is not a bad QB by any means, but I don't think he's as good as some people say, either.  Put it like this, I think Luck is closer to Kirk Cousins and Matt Stafford than he is to Russell Wilson and Drew Brees.

Another reason is maybe he doesn't think Luck will return to previous form. He talked up Mariota and Watson who are good but not better then a healthy Luck.

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's great too because he actually plays against these guys.  It's not like's he's going out of his way to trash talk linebackers (although I'm sure he would if asked about it lol) or a position he will never play against.  He's trash talking QB and some of those guys will have their shot at Ramsey. 

Which I think is a big part of why he made these statements.  The QB's he named will likely be looking to take more shots against Ramsey to try to embarrass him, which gives Ramsey more opportunities for INTs.  Maybe he senses that he won't be thrown at much this year, and is trying to preemptively prevent that.  Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit. 

2 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Another reason is maybe he doesn't think Luck will return to previous form. He talked up Mariota and Watson who are good but not better then a healthy Luck.

I would take a healthy Watson over Luck in a heartbeat.  Obviously very small sample size on Watson, but I would still take the risk.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I would take a healthy Watson over Luck in a heartbeat.  Obviously very small sample size on Watson, but I would still take the risk.

Totally disagree.  Luck is better IMO better assuming health of coarse.  Watson comes back down to earth this year I assume.  Still solid but not on Luck's level.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I get it, but I couldn't do that assuming both are 100% healthy. For all the flack that Luck gets that he's not the great chosen one he was projected to be as a prospect, people tend to overcorrect the overrated hype of him. His teams have been terribad and he's put up some very good seasons. '16 and '14 were pretty amazing all things considered with that roster. 

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Gotta disagree just like Jimmy have to see a full season of play before figuring out where he ranks.

2 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I'm pretty sure his point was that Ramsey playing for the Jags was about as relevant to the topic as that PFF ranking he quoted.

I mean, he was arguably the best CB in the NFL. Not sure that point by PFF is the thing to crucify them for. They probably aren't wrong on that one 

34 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's interesting because out of everything he said, the Matt Ryan part might have been the most accurate.  He probably exaggerated a bit, but he wasn't saying that Matt Ryan sucks.  He was saying that Ryan won the MVP under Shanahan and then when Shanahan left, Ryan kind of fell off... which is true.  Also, look at Jimmy G in San Francisco under Shanahan.  It's a fair conclusion for Ramsey.

Ryan had an insane # of tipped or dropped ints last year, most advanced metrics still say he was an elite or near elite qb. Also, Ryan has an extensive resume that says it just wasnt shanahan, screw those pesky things called facts though. 

Also his thoughts on ben, luck, stafford, heck even goff are all pretty bad.

Archived