Jalen Ramsey's QB Tiers

RaidersAreOne

Just now, .Buzz said:

I mean, he was arguably the best CB in the NFL. Not sure that point by PFF is the thing to crucify them for. They probably aren't wrong on that one 

The point is that just because he's a great player doesn't mean he's a great talent evaluator.  There have been plenty examples of that over the years, across all sports.

30 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's interesting because I wonder what angle Ramsey was speaking about Luck on.  As some of us know, Luck is sometimes placed on a pedestal that he quite frankly does not deserve to be placed on.  Obviously Luck is not a bad QB by any means, but I don't think he's as good as some people say, either.  Put it like this, I think Luck is closer to Kirk Cousins and Matt Stafford than he is to Russell Wilson and Drew Brees.

Wilson, really? Wilson isnt on a drew brees level, hes way close to stafford and luck than Brees.

38 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's interesting because out of everything he said, the Matt Ryan part might have been the most accurate.  He probably exaggerated a bit, but he wasn't saying that Matt Ryan sucks.  He was saying that Ryan won the MVP under Shanahan and then when Shanahan left, Ryan kind of fell off... which is true.  Also, look at Jimmy G in San Francisco under Shanahan.  It's a fair conclusion for Ramsey.

I think that Ramsey is a big fan of little Shanny. When he was discussing the 49ers / Jags game last year, and talking about Jimmy G, he downplayed Jimmy (not to a "he is bad" extent, just saying it was too early to anoint him, which is fair), but had a lot of praise for the Shanny's scheme and the 49ers game plan. He gave them all the credit in the world for flat out outscheming the Jags in that game. 

34 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Only thing I somewhat disagree with is Andrew Luck being terrible.

If you torch Ramsey in your one match-up you are terrible.  what is hard ot understand that theory.  Throw Ramsey some INTs and you are not bad.

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

The point is that just because he's a great player doesn't mean he's a great talent evaluator.  There have been plenty examples of that over the years, across all sports.

No, but he is still free to state whatever he wants. The guy also watches more tape then any of us most likely and actually plays against these guys. I'd say he should be more free to speak on his peers than some who do daily.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Wilson, really? Wilson isnt on a drew brees level, hes way close to stafford and luck than Brees.

I think he was just talking about two quarterbacks who he thinks have been and are generally considered better than Luck. No harm in putting them in the same sentence for that particular reason...

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

If you torch Ramsey in your one match-up you are terrible.  what is hard ot understand that theory.  Throw Ramsey some INTs and you are not bad.

You mean like Big Ben who he talked about in his interview and threw a career high 5 interceptions in our first matchup last year? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think he was just talking about two quarterbacks who he thinks have been and are generally considered better than Luck. No harm in putting them in the same sentence for that particular reason...

maybe... but he implied wilson is a higher level of qb than stafford which arguably isnt true and a healthy luck is on the same level as those two. especially luck as they had some similar seasons where the stats look pretty cause they air it out a lot, in wilsons case particularly in the redzone. 

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You mean like Big Ben who he talked about in his article and threw a career high 5 interceptions in our first matchup last year.

no, when they dropped 42 on them in the playoffs and ben threw for 470 and 5. Did you forget that or just being purposefully dense?

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think that Ramsey is a big fan of little Shanny. When he was discussing the 49ers / Jags game last year, and talking about Jimmy G, he downplayed Jimmy (not to a "he is bad" extent, just saying it was too early to anoint him, which is fair), but had a lot of praise for the Shanny's scheme and the 49ers game plan. He gave them all the credit in the world for flat out outscheming the Jags in that game. 

I agree with him.  Shanny looks like a genius right now.  Over the last two years what he did with Ryan during his MVP season and then Jimmy G last year has been spectacular.

Archived