Long SI article on Su'a Cravens and the Redskins

21 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Except, weren't there reports that the team was good with him coming back?

I think it was pretty mixed all around. There are 53 players (plus PSquad), numerous coaches, x amount of front office employees. Some probably didn't want him back and others were probably ok with it. His talent is borderline special. If he really wanted to come back though, he should've been much clearer about it, and not just with his conversation with Doug Williams at the USC game. He should've been I contact with Bruce, Jay, his teammates, etc. He should've been crystal clear that he wanted to continue that season. Like others had posted, money was on the line and the Redskins have a right to not let their money go to waste. I do think the Redskins are somewhat at fault in the communication aspect as well. 

Jeez, the more I read this, the more soft Cravens sounds. The elbow thing is particularly worrisome.

EDIT - Jesus .... it gets worse. Holy crap this guy is a legit snowflake. I mean, he had serious concerns over the concussions, but every little thing he just gets all emotionally wrapped up in.

23 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Jeez, the more I read this, the more soft Cravens sounds. The elbow thing is particularly worrisome.

EDIT - Jesus .... it gets worse. Holy crap this guy is a legit snowflake. I mean, he had serious concerns over the concussions, but every little thing he just gets all emotionally wrapped up in.

Ya, I recommend everyone reads this article.  I found the Redskins to be EXTREMELY patient with Cravens, and he was just a whiny you know what the whole time.  

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Out of the whole article, the elbow thing upsets me the most. We were in do-or-die mode and he wanted to save himself for the playoffs. IT WAS (essentially) A PLAYOFF GAME. 

Well it was an interesting view into the gray area of injuries and team/player options.

That said, since Su'a Cravens now plays for the Broncos and old recriminations are coming up yet again (even potentially in just), it's time to lock this up.

Archived