What Do You Need To See For Tyrod to Be Re-Signed?

Mind Character

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s a FA at season end, can’t think he’d want to come back as a backup if he has anything that resembles decent success.

Yeah, I just don’t think an option is there for him to come back unless no other team wants him to compete as a starter.

The only situation that should prompt him being resigned is the complete and total failure  of Baker Mayfield.

Resigning Tyrod will cost a 3rd round compensatory pick that we would get when he signs elsewhere, which has to be the plan. 

An extension means the plan failed. Does Baker look like he's failing to anybody?

5 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

The only situation that should prompt him being resigned is the complete and total failure  of Baker Mayfield.

Resigning Tyrod will cost a 3rd round compensatory pick that we would get when he signs elsewhere, which has to be the plan. 

An extension means the plan failed. Does Baker look like he's failing to anybody?

What if magic happens, ike the AFCC or the Superbowl?

19 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

1. Franchise and trade to highest bidder.

2. Sunglasses avy.

If he rocks it we could trade him for 1st and a 3rd at least. 

Then the problem becomes who backs up Baker. 

Selling tyrod high could be dorsey's sachi move that keeps the cupboards full for another draft or two. 

Having an extra 1st in 2018 and a 2nd in 2019 or something like that will be great for 2020-21's Cleveland browns.

Realistically, I don't see it happening. 

Firstly, I think Baker's preseason performances would need to decline, or at least show that he isn't even close to being ready.

Now, if there wasn't such a promising young rookie on this roster, I'd tell you that growth from Taylor's game would do the trick. There were times when he held onto the ball too long, and he hesitated to take shots. Everything I've seen thus far tells me that's going to be less conservative given the weapons he has and the confidence in Haley.

BUT, because Baker will be on his ***, it's going to take an absolute MONSTER of a season to hold him off. A single bad performance will get people talking, and it may never cease. He does it twice? Well, I'm not sure he can come close to recovering.

At this point, the question shouldn't be what it would take to resign him, but rather, what it would take for him to start 16 games.

He's gonna have to play damn close to perfect football, frankly.

It's kinda like Semi Pro, where the team had to win a crap ton of games just to salvage the franchise, and in the end, they still don't have a happy ending. I can't see Tyrod's situation ending any better than that, personally.

EDIT - If I'm wrong, everyone can get into a single file line, and punch @NudeTayne in his jejunum until he has no more guts to puke.

Archived