What Do You Need To See For Tyrod to Be Re-Signed?

Mind Character

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I just need to see Baker Mayfield struggle in practice. Well, hear about his struggles. If Baker is as good as he looks so far (obviously hilariously early), I'd let Tyrod walk. This is, of course, assuming he wouldn't want to be the backup here.

Exactly! It's less about what Tyrod *can* do, and more about what Baker *can't* do.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I just need to see Baker Mayfield struggle in practice. Well, hear about his struggles. If Baker is as good as he looks so far (obviously hilariously early), I'd let Tyrod walk. This is, of course, assuming he wouldn't want to be the backup here.

I want mor than a 3rd from tt. If he plays at the value of 1st we need to make it happen. 

First, he needs to have a career year. Take less sacks, and win games however he has to win games.

Second, we need to be able to get a lot in return for Baker Mayfield. Yeah, you don't resign him and keep Baker in my opinion. If Taylor looks and plays like he can't be bested then get a great deal trading Baker before the draft next year, a top 5 pick at the very least.

Hypothetical of course, I think Taylor is who Taylor has been he hasn't really progressed but he certainly could do better if the situation fits him better. I think Mayfield will be the better QB and could play and succeed in more scenarios but there is no need to keep Baker (draft a development guy or whatever to backup) if we commit to Taylor long term.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

we need to be able to get a lot in return for Baker Mayfield. Yeah, you don't resign him and keep Baker in my opinion. If Taylor looks and plays like he can't be bested then get a great deal trading Baker before the draft next year

Permaban

I would love to have him back regardless of how well he does. Even if he bombs and starts 1-5 I still think he is worthy of resining even in a backup role. He would be one of the best backup QBs in the NFL and we saw how important that was last year.

On top of that from Hard Knocks and TC clips it looks like Tyrod/Mayfield have really good chemistry with eachother which I think is underrated. 

On 8/15/2018 at 7:58 PM, ditchdigger said:

The only situation that should prompt him being resigned is the complete and total failure  of Baker Mayfield.

Resigning Tyrod will cost a 3rd round compensatory pick that we would get when he signs elsewhere, which has to be the plan. 

An extension means the plan failed. Does Baker look like he's failing to anybody?

Son of B!T#@....that is genius....I never even thought of that....I would DEFINATLY rent Tyrod for one season if all it costs us is dropping the first pick of 3rd round to the last pick of the 3rd round a year later.....

Why did I not see that as a possibility???

40 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Son of B!T#@....that is genius....I never even thought of that....I would DEFINATLY rent Tyrod for one season if all it costs us is dropping the first pick of 3rd round to the last pick of the 3rd round a year later.....

Why did I not see that as a possibility???

Yeah, most of us saw that right away. But just to be fair so I can say that images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCGxMB-esYehyF5gyfWp5

, I looked at your name for at least a year thinking to myself that the LB must stand for something like linebacker. I read the letters every time still.

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, most of us saw that right away. But just to be fair so I can say that images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCGxMB-esYehyF5gyfWp5

, I looked at your name for at least a year thinking to myself that the LB must stand for something like linebacker. I read the letters every time still.

I never decided whether it stands for "Backer" as in Linebacker....or "Pound"...so I could be DaWg_Backer or I could be DaWg_Pound.....

tenor.gif

Archived