Preseason Game 2- Thread

Doc Draper

21 hours ago, SeanTaylorsaPIMP said:

5 up/ 5 down:

UP

1) Cam Sims: MVP of the game, haven't seen a Redskin have those kind of circus catches since maybe Westbrook in 1999. 

2) Kapri Bibbs: Looked better than Marshall. Some great hands outta the backfield and solid pass protection. Pretty much does everything he's asked to do in his role.

3) Daron Payne: Beast. Great sack in a one-on-one situation. We've seen players get to the QB with plays like that, but his ability to actually wrap out and finish the sack impressed me 

4) Troy Apke: Really showcased his insane athletic ability that he's known for. Still worry about him in reading coverages but that was a super athletic pick.

5) Colt McCoy: I just gotta give him respect for taking that dirty hit from #59 and getting back up. He got absolutely demolished there. Looked great moving the offense again. 

DOWN

1) Rob Kelley: Just has awful vision. He's not fast, he's not big anymore. He's Ryan Grant of the RBs (not the former Packer). Gruden loves him for reasons I don't get.

2) Byron Marshall: Almost fumbled a kickoff and didn't do anything special at RB. He did leave the game early though.

3) Darvin Kidsy WR: Not going to make the team anyways but he made some dumb decisions taking the kickoffs from inside the endzone and failing to reach the 20.1

4) Kevin Hogan: Sucksssss. came to life in the last minute or so but I give Sims more credit for that. It was a good throw to Sims though. Outside of that....suckssssssss.

5) Pernell McPhee/Ryan Anderson: Not much pass rush from either of these guys. Nitpicky, but neither stood out like I hoped against 2nd and 3rd stringers. 

I think in the Bibbs vs Marshall debate we can’t forget that in week 1 of the preseason Marshall looked great. The most recent thing you see often is what sticks in our minds but Marshall looked pretty awesome in week 1 and by most reports has looked better in training camp and the coaches evaluate everything.

As for Bibbs, he’s got a huge opportunity in the next preseason game because Marshall and Perine are out. I have to imagine that Kelley will be in there with the ones for most of the first half and Thompson might play some on 3rd downs but I think Bibbs will get the majority of the work, spelling Kelly in the first half and playing almost every snap in the second half.

If Bibbs plays well this week, he may solidify his spot on the roster over Marshall unless the Redskins are still going to keep 4 RBs with Kelley, Perine, Bibbs and Marshall all making it.

Archived